lev0701
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Last edited by lev0701; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Why didnt you check the entry requuirements before you applied?
What subject are you applying for?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lev0701)
I currently take 1 BETCH and 2 alevels, and I have applied to uni and already got 1 rejection. My predicted are D*AA which is equivalent to A*AA has anyone got offers from RG uni before with a BTECH qualifiation Im worried that UNI is not as keen accepting BTECH students, especially unis like bristol and bath and etc...
Well a lot of RG unis will accept a BTEC along with 2 A levels but not all of them. They should tell you on their website for each degree subject what the entry requirements are and if they say they accept BTEC qualifications in conjunction with at least one A level then they do.

But it's still not an automatic acceptance because they may also look at other things like the subjects you are taking and your personal statement.
ry7xsfa
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I currently take 1 BETCH and 2 alevels, and I have applied to uni and already got 1 rejection. My predicted are D*AA which is equivalent to A*AA has anyone got offers from RG uni before with a BTECH qualifiation Im worried that UNI is not as keen accepting BTECH students, especially unis like bristol and bath and etc...
I have, with 3 A-Levels and a BTEC Extended Diploma - but I was still offered based on my BTEC and an A-Level at unis.

You've mentioned your predicted grade for your BTEC being D*. What BTEC Level 3 qualification are you taking (certificate, diploma, extended diploma)? Are you only getting one part to your BTEC grade (as opposed to 2 or 3)? If so, that will probably be your issue.
Last edited by ry7xsfa; 3 months ago
lev0701
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Why didnt you check the entry requuirements before you applied?
What subject are you applying for?
I'm Applying for accounting and finance, and yes i have looked before they all accept it, but thats only what they say on websites and its RG a BTECH may drag your application down and less chance of getting in compare to an applicant who has 3 strong a-level so just wondering if anyone got in RG uni with a BTECH
lev0701
Rep:
(Original post by ry7xsfa)
I have, with 3 A-Levels and a BTEC Extended Diploma - but I was still offered based on my BTEC and an A-Level at unis.

You've mentioned your predicted grade for your BTEC being D*. What BTEC Level 3 qualification are you taking (certificate, diploma, extended diploma)? Are you only getting one part to your BTEC grade (as opposed to 2 or 3)? If so, that will probably be your issue.
I have taken an extended certificate so it should get an overall 1 grade as it equivalent to 1 A-level
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I work in RG admissions and we do consider BTEC/AL combos. So long as you met any subject requirements you should be considered fairly so it's not the case that we prefer pure AL candidates.

in this case it may just be that you overall application wasn't quite strong enough, you may still get good news back from your other choices.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Did you check any GCSE requirements?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
One of the main reasons for rejection is not having an appropriate subject. A&F courses often have a Maths requirement either requiring A level Maths or a set grade at GCSE. Do you have these. Another reason is subject choices. It could also be they have better qualified candidates. You need to ask the university for the reason you were rejected.
asfgvfasfvw
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm Applying for accounting and finance, and yes i have looked before they all accept it, but thats only what they say on websites and its RG a BTECH may drag your application down and less chance of getting in compare to an applicant who has 3 strong a-level so just wondering if anyone got in RG uni with a BTECH
Currently, hold 3 offers at good RG unis with a BTEC for A&F. It's possible.
You may need A-level maths for Bristol
lev0701
Rep:
(Original post by asfgvfasfvw)
Currently, hold 3 offers at good RG unis with a BTEC for A&F. It's possible.
You may need A-level maths for Bristol
Oh nice! Which uni are they and yes Ive got maths
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh nice! Which uni are they and yes Ive got maths
What are your A levels and BTECs in. Sometimes universities only accept specific BTECs,
lev0701
Rep:
(Original post by swanseajack1)
What are your A levels and BTECs in. Sometimes universities only accept specific BTECs,
I do Chem and maths and BTEC IT
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I do Chem and maths and BTEC IT
Looking at it you dont meet the criteria at Bristol. They want effectively 4 A levels for BTEC. Ask for feedback

D*DD in EITHER Engineering BTEC National Level 3 Extended Diploma, plus A in Mathematics at A-level (or equivalent), OR any Applied General BTEC National Level 3 Extended Diploma,plus A in Mathematics at A-level (or equivalent). Applicants taking Engineering BTEC may be invited to take the University of Bristol Maths test in place of A-level Mathematics.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Which university rejected you? What were your grades at gcse maths and English?

You should be fine for A+f for most courses.
lev0701
Rep:
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Looking at it you dont meet the criteria at Bristol. They want effectively 4 A levels for BTEC. Ask for feedback

D*DD in EITHER Engineering BTEC National Level 3 Extended Diploma, plus A in Mathematics at A-level (or equivalent), OR any Applied General BTEC National Level 3 Extended Diploma,plus A in Mathematics at A-level (or equivalent). Applicants taking Engineering BTEC may be invited to take the University of Bristol Maths test in place of A-level Mathematics.
I think you have looked for the wrong degree, this is not the requirement for A&F degree
ajj2000
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I think you have looked for the wrong degree, this is not the requirement for A&F degree
DDD in any Applied General BTEC National Level 3 Extended Diploma, AND A in Maths at A-level (or equivalent)
lev0701
Rep:
(Original post by ajj2000)
Which university rejected you? What were your grades at gcse maths and English?

You should be fine for A+f for most courses.
I got 8 in gcse maths and 5 in gcse english, rejection was from Kings, and I have requested for the reason of rejection, they said my personal statement wasn't strong enough so ig its not my grades
ajj2000
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I got 8 in gcse maths and 5 in gcse english, rejection was from Kings, and I have requested for the reason of rejection, they said my personal statement wasn't strong enough so ig its not my grades
Wow - thats bad luck. The course must be getting a lot more popular. Where else have you applied?
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
An issue with kings is they require grade 6 or B in GCSE English Language for nearly if not all courses. It is very unusual. Most Maths or Science based courses elsewhere require grade 4 or C.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
22.97%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (9)
12.16%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.41%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
13.51%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
21.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
24.32%

Watched Threads