The Student Room Group

No one has ever liked me

I feel like everyone’s experienced someone admitting they like them or they’ve experienced relationships but I’ve never been told that or had someone come up to me the way other girls do.
I do dress modestly and can come across as shy but I’m about to converse in conversations
I’m always complemented if I post on social media with makeup and good lighting but in real life, I’m rarely complimented
I don’t like my body and feel like I need to improve myself to be liked by someone
Not one person has ever said they like me and I feel so ugly but want to know if it’s normal to experience this
I’m 19 and I feel like by this age everyone’s had someone like them
I don’t go clubbing etc just because I’d rather get to know someone for them and for religious reasons but surely there’s other ways to meet the right person
When I’m in public I’ve noticed People always look at me but it’s never people my age so I think I probably look weird and that’s why they’re staring at me
Or because maybe I glanced by accident and assumed they were looking after I noticed
Girl... u r not ready to be liked. U have several behaviors that make it harder for what u seek...that appears to be random guys approaching u and hitting u up. Since u have self-loathing this isn't likely so u need to move the terms of engagement away from rels and appearance and onto interests.

U r very passive and therefore, lack confidence and empowerment. Change it up. U could take the initiative here for instance if a dude u know shares ur interest or religion u could hit him up via DM "Hi Mohammed do u wanna do tea after jumah?"
Reply 2
Original post by candydiva
Girl... u r not ready to be liked. U have several behaviors that make it harder for what u seek...that appears to be random guys approaching u and hitting u up. Since u have self-loathing this isn't likely so u need to move the terms of engagement away from rels and appearance and onto interests.

U r very passive and therefore, lack confidence and empowerment. Change it up. U could take the initiative here for instance if a dude u know shares ur interest or religion u could hit him up via DM "Hi Mohammed do u wanna do tea after jumah?"

I just want someone to get to know me but nowadays most just seem to go for appearance I wouldn’t want random people coming up to me and approaching me but seeing the way my friends easily find people and people show interest in them I don’t know how to find a good person myself
I want to be validated the way other girls get called pretty etc but then want someone to get to know me for me
It’s so easy to make friends with girls but nowadays a lot of boys just care about themselves and only seem interested if you’re the beauty standard
I don’t know how to change myself to become more open to getting to know people I feel like it’s my lack of confidence and how much I hate how I appear is what makes it harder
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like everyone’s experienced someone admitting they like them or they’ve experienced relationships but I’ve never been told that or had someone come up to me the way other girls do.
I do dress modestly and can come across as shy but I’m about to converse in conversations
I’m always complemented if I post on social media with makeup and good lighting but in real life, I’m rarely complimented
I don’t like my body and feel like I need to improve myself to be liked by someone
Not one person has ever said they like me and I feel so ugly but want to know if it’s normal to experience this
I’m 19 and I feel like by this age everyone’s had someone like them
I don’t go clubbing etc just because I’d rather get to know someone for them and for religious reasons but surely there’s other ways to meet the right person
When I’m in public I’ve noticed People always look at me but it’s never people my age so I think I probably look weird and that’s why they’re staring at me
Or because maybe I glanced by accident and assumed they were looking after I noticed

I just came out of a toxic relationship where I got used and cheated on for my naivety, my kindness and polite nature and for my wealth and financially. I was there to support her through good and bad times. All I just wanted was someone that understood me and would remain loyal and show love but she was two-faced with her girly-friends she treated them how they were supposed to be treated and myself she treated me as though I was a robot with no feelings. And I honestly don’t feel like trusting another woman again because it just feels so difficult even especially when I said to my ex I wasn’t here to play around but my aim was to make sure she was always happy. Although I didn’t realise my mistake because I treated her far too much as a princess gifting her expensive gifts as a sign of what she was to me. Although I get where you coming from like myself your an introvert and introverts are cool and bless you I can be able to understand from one introvert to another it takes time to be able to adapt and understand feelings don’t get expressed as quickly. It’s not about facial cosmetics and photography because these things don’t make an individual unique everyone is beautiful and unique in their own special way nobody should be judged based on that but personality. If you have the personality then that’s what makes you stand out and that should be the factor where you judge. Honestly I’m going to be brutally honest I think it’s normal to experience this I certainly feel the same got called names from my toxic ex because of my looks. I do hope things change champion it requires some time and patience though you’ll meet the right one. :s-smilie::frown:
Reply 4
I just came out of a toxic relationship where I got used and cheated on for my naivety, my kindness and polite nature and for my wealth and financially. I was there to support her through good and bad times. All I just wanted was someone that understood me and would remain loyal and show love but she was two-faced with her girly-friends she treated them how they were supposed to be treated and myself she treated me as though I was a robot with no feelings. And I honestly don’t feel like trusting another woman again because it just feels so difficult even especially when I said to my ex I wasn’t here to play around but my aim was to make sure she was always happy. Although I didn’t realise my mistake because I treated her far too much as a princess gifting her expensive gifts as a sign of what she was to me. Although I get where you coming from like myself your an introvert and introverts are cool and bless you I can be able to understand from one introvert to another it takes time to be able to adapt and understand feelings don’t get expressed as quickly. It’s not about facial cosmetics and photography because these things don’t make an individual unique everyone is beautiful and unique in their own special way nobody should be judged based on that but personality. If you have the personality then that’s what makes you stand out and that should be the factor where you judge. Honestly I’m going to be brutally honest I think it’s normal to experience this I certainly feel the same got called names from my toxic ex because of my looks. I do hope things change champion it requires some time and patience though you’ll meet the right one. :s-smilie::frown:

For me, it takes me ages to show my true personality so people probably think I’m shy
If I’m comfortable around someone I’m really confident but with people I’m not as used to I come across as very shy and I can’t seem to change being like that not matter how much I try
I think because of my anxiety it’s made it more difficult in trying to get to know people and I seem to push people away if they ever were to like me
For me, it takes me ages to show my true personality so people probably think I’m shy
If I’m comfortable around someone I’m really confident but with people I’m not as used to I come across as very shy and I can’t seem to change being like that not matter how much I try
I think because of my anxiety it’s made it more difficult in trying to get to know people and I seem to push people away if they ever were to like me

That’s the purpose of adaptability. You get to know one and other better it takes time for a relationship to forge and build before making it into a perfect one some people just don’t understand and again as an introvert I know where your coming from and without time and patience that is unfair because more time is taken for you to express yourself and to know you better which one should understand and give a chance and comfortability again you ain’t used to it because for some reason no one is putting the time and effort to be able to understand you again which seems unfair mental health should not be a factor regardless and a purpose or reason for anyone to drift away just doesn’t make sense…
Reply 6
That’s the purpose of adaptability. You get to know one and other better it takes time for a relationship to forge and build before making it into a perfect one some people just don’t understand and again as an introvert I know where your coming from and without time and patience that is unfair because more time is taken for you to express yourself and to know you better which one should understand and give a chance and comfortability again you ain’t used to it because for some reason no one is putting the time and effort to be able to understand you again which seems unfair mental health should not be a factor regardless and a purpose or reason for anyone to drift away just doesn’t make sense…

You’ve summed it up perfectly
I think people probably think I’m boring but my anxiety I think has become worse
It takes me so long to become comfortable around people but with strangers, I’m able to converse with them so easily
It’s always in a school type setting or work setting where I’m shy around co workers or can’t seem to open up unless I become comfortable around them
And if I was to like someone I become very closed off and don’t show any of my personality which I think probably adds to why no one likes me 😂
You’ve summed it up perfectly
I think people probably think I’m boring but my anxiety I think has become worse
It takes me so long to become comfortable around people but with strangers, I’m able to converse with them so easily
It’s always in a school type setting or work setting where I’m shy around co workers or can’t seem to open up unless I become comfortable around them
And if I was to like someone I become very closed off and don’t show any of my personality which I think probably adds to why no one likes me 😂

Thanks. Nobody is boring we as humans have various methods as to how we express nobody can control our actions, input although surely you can be able to adapt better around co-workers it’s the whole purpose of teamwork and being a team player and being part of team just because you don’t show your personality should never be a reason to like you it’s the lack of time, patience, effort, understanding and commitment as well as strong willingness to show communication that people have lacked so far…maybe an introvert 👉👈 introvert would work best who knows someone that’s the same as you get to know each other better and then take time to express how you feel rather than a social outgoing extrovert. :console:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending