Would physics, maths and history be a large workload?

Watch this thread
Usernamesaredum
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
If it is, should i swap history for politics/economics? I like all 3 subjects
CurlyyMM
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I do Physics maths and English lit and I don't think it's too much to handle - arguably having the essay subject is a nice change of pace from maths n phys, economics maths and phys is like maths, maths, and more maths yk
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
A levels are in themselves a reasonable amount of work. An A level is a LOT more work than a GCSE (there's a reason people do 10 GCSEs or so and only 3 A levels).

History isn't particularly more work than politics or economics. Physics and maths together are probably slightly less than the workload of two less related subjects, because there's some common material.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I think Sinnoh took this combination along with FM and might be able to advise?

Politics or economics are likely to be the same amount of work as history at A-level anyway.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 3 months ago
thegeek888
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
History is one of the hardest A-Levels you can do. One of my brother's friends' took GCSE History and achieved an A* grade, but at A-Level he struggled to achieve above a D grade. Mostly due to the topics of study chosen were not interesting to him, so he lost motivation to revise and study hard for History A-Level.

Economics should be an easy A grade if you work hard and do past papers.
avery_
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
i never found maths and physics to be much of a trouble!!! it's more application than memorisation, so as long as there's regular practice - you're good!!

i did biology so i can't say much on history, but biology is one of those super heavy content subjects and i actually liked having something like this alongside maths and physics
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Wouldn't be more or less work than most other combinations. Coursework for history takes a bit of stress off exam season, but then you have to be careful not to procrastinate with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (140)
43.75%
Not yet, but I will soon (55)
17.19%
No (125)
39.06%

Watched Threads