can i work 3+ jobs

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
i don't need to work more jobs because i need money, but i feel like it's much more fun. i'm always changing jobs cuz i get bored and i like meeting new people. i have 4 free days a week so can i technically work 4 different jobs each day? wanna know if anyone else has done this
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Best way to stress yourself :lol:

I mean, if you want to go for it buddy…. But you do realise there are other ways to meet new people right?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Best way to stress yourself :lol:

I mean, if you want to go for it buddy…. But you do realise there are other ways to meet new people right?
Yeah i know but i just enjoy working. But can you explain why'd it be stressful? Whats the difference of working 4 days at one job vs working 4 different jobs. It's all part time and not long-term
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah i know but i just enjoy working. But can you explain why'd it be stressful? Whats the difference of working 4 days at one job vs working 4 different jobs. It's all part time and not long-term

Just seems like too much energy, I won’t lie. It’s like saying you are going to date 4 different girls.

Those 4 different girls will have their own personalities, lifestyles, etc. keeping up with that seems like effort, I can’t lie.
Redfrost
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Why don’t you do a job where you rotate to different places ie 6 months in one place before moving on

I’d imagine organising annual leave for 4 jobs would be a nightmare
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
What happens when you want to use annual leave? Trying to organise getting time off for each job at the same time would be a logistical nightmare.
username5839543
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Are you OK mate?
I can’t imagine why someone would want to do this to themselves.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
What happens when you want to use annual leave? Trying to organise getting time off for each job at the same time would be a logistical nightmare.
honestly i have no idea what annual leave is or anything. i have a 0 hour contract and the managers barely care if you turn up or not. i guess i thought other jobs were like that
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Cancelled Alice)
Are you OK mate?
I can’t imagine why someone would want to do this to themselves.
idk i just enjoy working? and i get bored working at the same place, esp cuz of adhd
Surnia
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
honestly i have no idea what annual leave is or anything. i have a 0 hour contract and the managers barely care if you turn up or not. i guess i thought other jobs were like that
And what if 2 or 3 different jobs want you in on the same day? A 0 hours contract means you don't have to accept the work, but it's probably a good way to lose all your jobs if you mess them around too much.
Surnia
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
i don't need to work more jobs because i need money, but i feel like it's much more fun. i'm always changing jobs cuz i get bored and i like meeting new people. i have 4 free days a week so can i technically work 4 different jobs each day? wanna know if anyone else has done this
If you have spare time, why not look at volunteering? It's good experience, you could do it at more than one place and they are usually flexible on hours.
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If you can find multiple jobs which all want you for a small number of hours per week and which you can organise so they don't all want you at the same time, I don't see why not. There are lots of people who advertise themselves as being able to do a wide variety of basic DIY and home and garden related stuff, so they could be mowing a lawn in the morning, painting a door in the early afternoon, walking a dog in the late afternoon, cleaning an office in the evening, all for different people...
bones-mccoy
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Annual leave is essentially paid holiday which you accrue as you work. The more you work, the more annual leave you accrue. I've taken AL today so I'm not in work but I'm still getting paid my base salary. Zero hour jobs are notoriously unprofessional but the majority of full and part time roles at established companies will have proper HR and payroll teams who are responsible for making sure everyone is paid correctly and on time.
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yep, you think every job will honestly not care if you turn up in a morning or not? Surely not? How do you expect work places to function like that- there'd be nobody in on a Monday or Friday/weekend! If I didn't turn up for my shift with no notice or phone call I'd be in a disciplinary that week.
Last edited by Tw1x; 3 months ago
skylark2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I have once not turned up with no notice or phonecall - I'd made a mistake booking my leave and I'd booked a day less than I thought I had. I don't have the sort of job where anyone else would have been impacted by it (I'm a computer programmer) - I could have booked it up to and including the same morning.

Manager was at my desk at 9:01 the following morning. There weren't any consequences beyond that, probably because it was so obviously a mistake which I was horrified and completely unaware that I'd made.
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
This is possible.
Dependent upon your job role, shifts, health, studies, other commitments and whether you are willing to work weekends or antisocial hours.

I have been working more than 3 jobs a week whilst studying for many years.
I wouldn't recommend anyone accepting more than 28 weekly hours or working above 2 part time jobs a week with regular shifts while a full time student.
Good luck!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
how to get depression speedrun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads