How likely am I going to be to get into greenhead college

Watch this thread
Elmo001
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, kinda stressed right now to see whether I’m gonna get into greenhead or not but these are my predicted grades

I’m applying for physics, chemistry and biology but I’m likely to switch physics for maths and try aim for a 7 in maths

Maths:6
Chemistry: 7
Biology:6
Physics:7
English lit: 5+
English language: 5-
Spanish: 2
History: 5+
Computer science: 4
Debs25
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Elmo001)
Hi, kinda stressed right now to see whether I’m gonna get into greenhead or not but these are my predicted grades

I’m applying for physics, chemistry and biology but I’m likely to switch physics for maths and try aim for a 7 in maths

Maths:6
Chemistry: 7
Biology:6
Physics:7
English lit: 5+
English language: 5-
Spanish: 2
History: 5+
Computer science: 4
Are you in Kirklees or further afield? Greenhead tends to accept people from Kirklees with lower grades. I do think you need a 7 in maths though if you want to take it at A level. If I'm being totally honest, some of your grades are on the low side. Having said that, Greenhead has doubled in size over the last couple of years and so competition may be less fierce. It is a fantastic sixth form- all three of my girls went there.
CookyLil
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If you study hard I am sure you will do great
But if you do not get at least 6s in your sciences, I would not apply for them as you will have difficulty catching up with the content. The subjects are not easy but they are fun, so if you put your effort in, I am sure you will do great.
(I hate physics so I am cheering that you change to maths but it is all on you)
Remember that you are choosing the 3 most content-heavy subjects that require at least 7 hours+ outside of college time to revise, revise and revise.
FOr someone who just started college this year, I can tell you that I am still trying to cope with the amount of knowledge I have learnt, whilst I got decent grades of 8s and 9s.
All I can suggest is to revise exam questions
Elmo001
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by CookyLil)
If you study hard I am sure you will do great
But if you do not get at least 6s in your sciences, I would not apply for them as you will have difficulty catching up with the content. The subjects are not easy but they are fun, so if you put your effort in, I am sure you will do great.
(I hate physics so I am cheering that you change to maths but it is all on you)
Remember that you are choosing the 3 most content-heavy subjects that require at least 7 hours+ outside of college time to revise, revise and revise.
FOr someone who just started college this year, I can tell you that I am still trying to cope with the amount of knowledge I have learnt, whilst I got decent grades of 8s and 9s.
All I can suggest is to revise exam questions
Thanks, I’m use to doing heavy revision, I did around 4 hours a day from September to late November to get my science grades from a 4 to a 7 and got a 9 in biology (revised around 100 hours in total of paper 1 biology) but unfortunately got accused of cheating because I jumped from a 5 in Y10 mocks to a 9. I’m not mad though, mainly because the mock isn’t the real exam. I think I’ll use college frees and time at home to study extra.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.44%
The paper was reasonable (133)
36.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
29.17%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.44%

Watched Threads