The Student Room Group

if there was an apprenticeship opportunity in your home postcode

no matter what role would you take up that opportunity?

say you wanted to be a legal administrator but this is an administrator in a school?
Reply 1
no lol whats the point in doing something you dont want to
Reply 2
Original post by lfs_04_
no lol whats the point in doing something you dont want to

what if you can’t travel and law apprenticeships are most likely going to be in North London?
Reply 3
Original post by Anon346775
what if you can’t travel and law apprenticeships are most likely going to be in North London?

I think their point still stands. You're gonna spend 3+ years studying deeply something you're not interested in. sounds like a depression speedrun imo. maybe do this as a very very last resort.

but i mean if you think you can handle it and theres really no other option, do it ig.

(the three years thing comes from my assumption that this is a degree apprenticeship)
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by O_O.
I think their point still stands. You're gonna spend 3+ years studying deeply something you're not interested in. sounds like a depression speedrun imo. maybe do this as a very very last resort.

but i mean if you think you can handle it and theres really no other option, do it ig.

(the three years thing comes from my assumption that this is a degree apprenticeship)

nope advanced level apprenticeship.
If it was that or nothing whatsoever, I didn't hate the idea of it, and it wasn't too long, I would consider it.
Reply 6
nope advanced level apprenticeship.

how long is it?
Reply 7
Original post by O_O.
how long is it?

14 months
Reply 8
14 months

aight then if its really your only option id take it.

why cant you travel btw? if theres ones that interest you far away they might willing to reimburse you for travel costs. ik some companies do that
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
i was in same position, different job. go for it. worst that can happen is you don't like it. if so just drop out and do something else.
Original post by O_O.
aight then if its really your only option id take it.

why cant you travel btw? if theres ones that interest you far away they might willing to reimburse you for travel costs. ik some companies do that

Its not about travel costs, I can’t travel independently. There are times when I can’t read a map on my phone because the location is in a corner so I get lost, and I struggle on escalators.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by user432
i was in same position, different job. go for it. worst that can happen is you don't like it. if so just drop out and do something else.

can you complete the apprenticeship and then drop out and not take up full time employment/not progress up to a higher apprenticeship
(edited 2 years ago)
can you complete the apprenticeship and then drop out and not take up full time employment/not progress up to a higher apprenticeship

yep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending