The Student Room Group

Attendance

Hi there I need some advice regarding my student finance. Last year October I was really ill with the coronavirus. I was infected with the virus which then spread and lead to other household members falling ill and losing someone very dear to us, my attendance at the university has been very poor. However I have managed to complete several of my assignments in a short amount of time. I wanted to know if my attendance will affect my student finance payment. I have sent the relevant information and proof of evidence, however it is still showing on my student finance account that it is still awaiting confirmation from the university to confirm that I am registered on the course. I have also made contact with the university on several occasions. I was told I might be taken of the course due to my poor attendance. I need some advice please.

Many thanks
Original post by Denzo555
Hi there I need some advice regarding my student finance. Last year October I was really ill with the coronavirus. I was infected with the virus which then spread and lead to other household members falling ill and losing someone very dear to us, my attendance at the university has been very poor. However I have managed to complete several of my assignments in a short amount of time. I wanted to know if my attendance will affect my student finance payment. I have sent the relevant information and proof of evidence, however it is still showing on my student finance account that it is still awaiting confirmation from the university to confirm that I am registered on the course. I have also made contact with the university on several occasions. I was told I might be taken of the course due to my poor attendance. I need some advice please.

Many thanks

Hi Denzo, sorry to hear you have been unwell.

We do not check attendance or record it. However, I do know from experience that if a students attendance is low then the university might contact us to stop the payments.

Awaiting confirmation means we are waiting for the university to send us confirmation of registration/attendance. Please speak to the university and ask them to send this over to us so that we can release the payment.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Denzo, sorry to hear you have been unwell.

We do not check attendance or record it. However, I do know from experience that if a students attendance is low then the university might contact us to stop the payments.

Awaiting confirmation means we are waiting for the university to send us confirmation of registration/attendance. Please speak to the university and ask them to send this over to us so that we can release the payment.

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks Isaac much appreciated for the advice
Original post by Denzo555
Thanks Isaac much appreciated for the advice

You're welcome, glad to help :smile:

I hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending