Manager keeps blocking my leave

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
He manager takes forever to approve my leave. - sometimes waiting till the last minute.
He approves my leave, but, verbally, changes his mind. He has done this on three occasions. He decides to take his leave instead of mine. His rule is that we need to have cover round the office. But we are not a frontline service, and we are taking leave when its dead. He says the director has made the rule and is “particular.” I think he is doing this to impress my director.
On one occasion, he wouldn’t approve my birthday, after changing his mind and began laughing when i asked him and refused “no.”
He tried to block it again the following year, but i put my foot down and said no. He tried to guilt trip me telling me that he booked an expensive holiday and tried to scare me with COVID, but I wouldn’t back down. He approved it but had to get the director involved. Considering how much he earns, i thought that was madness.

I have had conversations with him about this, but dont know what to do.

There are other things; he takes credit for my work, he was overwhelming me with meetings so I couldn’t get anything done; he was harassing me to attend every single meeting and got annoyed when I missed one. He makes me harrasss other people for deadlines and importance.
He has improved on everything above, but not sure what to d,o, but i was considering taking action.
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
U need to go to HR with this blocking of leave rqs. This is the kind of behavior that flags all kind of other controlling and abusive behaviors and the more u let him get away with this the worse it will be. Bullies rlly need to be checked by a dose of accountability from higher up. Granted nothing may change immediately but a. he will be more cautious about this habit and b. he is now aware you have the guts to go formal to address workplace problems. U would be surprised how much other creeping bs this can prevent....
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by candydiva)
U need to go to HR with this blocking of leave rqs. This is the kind of behavior that flags all kind of other controlling and abusive behaviors and the more u let him get away with this the worse it will be. Bullies rlly need to be checked by a dose of accountability from higher up. Granted nothing may change immediately but a. he will be more cautious about this habit and b. he is now aware you have the guts to go formal to address workplace problems. U would be surprised how much other creeping bs this can prevent....
does it sound like controlling behaviour to you
Kasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
interesting
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Well u can take it to an employment tribunal per CAB web page here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wo...-paid-holiday/
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Exactly.
Id do this.
Id also go higher up, to the director mentioned in the OP if need be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (55)
18.64%
The paper was reasonable (110)
37.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (86)
29.15%
It was TERRIBLE (44)
14.92%

Watched Threads