Should I re sit summer 2022 or 2023?

Watch this thread
obsolentbutcool
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, there is 4 months left for the summer 2022 re sits. I have to prepare for exams for 3 ALevels and a 3000 word coursework for english. Do you guys think I have enough time to prepare for these exams (I haven't started yet but most of the AS content I somewhat know). Should I just do it this summer or be safer and go next summer. Thanks everyone for your time.
thegeek888
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
3 A-Levels and a 3,000-word piece of coursework for English Literature would not allow you to achieve A* and A grades by this Summer 2022!!!

But if you study hard during now and Summer 2023 you might be able to achieve A*A*A* and then apply to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, KCL and SOAS etc.

What do you want to study at university?
obsolentbutcool
Rep:
(Original post by thegeek888)
3 A-Levels and a 3,000-word piece of coursework for English Literature would not allow you to achieve A* and A grades by this Summer 2022!!!

But if you study hard during now and Summer 2023 you might be able to achieve A*A*A* and then apply to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, KCL and SOAS etc.

What do you want to study at university?
sadly UCL and Cambridge dont accept re sits never mind re siting after 2 years (many unis only allow re sits done in 3 years including the two years in sixth form)

I want to study medicine
thegeek888
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by obsolentbutcool)
sadly UCL and Cambridge dont accept re sits never mind re siting after 2 years (many unis only allow re sits done in 3 years including the two years in sixth form)

I want to study medicine
For Medicine, they might not accept resits, but I know for other courses, some candidates get offers from the top universities like Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL, Durham, Edinburgh, Bristol, York, Manchester, Nottingham and others.
obsolentbutcool
Rep:
For Medicine, they might not accept resits, but I know for other courses, some candidates get offers from the top universities like Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial, UCL, Durham, Edinburgh, Bristol, York, Manchester, Nottingham and others.
yeah many medical schools dont accept re sits done over more than 3 academic years. But uni of exeter does accept
thegeek888
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by obsolentbutcool)
yeah many medical schools dont accept re sits done over more than 3 academic years. But uni of exeter does accept
Which exam boards are you doing for Maths, Chemistry and Biology? Edexcel Maths? AQA Biology and AQA Chemistry?
obsolentbutcool
Rep:
Which exam boards are you doing for Maths, Chemistry and Biology? Edexcel Maths? AQA Biology and AQA Chemistry?
for chemistry and biology its AQA and for English Literature its Edexcel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.34%
The paper was reasonable (134)
37.02%
Not feeling great about that exam... (106)
29.28%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.36%

Watched Threads