PhD in Law (Cambridge, 2022)

Watch this thread
sdk123
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Anyone else who applied for PhD in Law at Cambridge? My status still shows "under review by the department". I've heard one candidate has already faced an interview. Tbh, I'm losing hope now. Is there a pattern they follow for chronology? Any idea? I got rejected in 2020 and this is the second time I am applying.
Last edited by sdk123; 3 months ago
BelMattC
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hey, also stuck with under review since at least 8 Jan 🙁
Thanks for starting this thread, maybe we can share any info/news that we have here? 💫
BelMattC
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
😭😭😭😭😭😭 just read the second part of your post, when did you hear that?
sdk123
Rep:
(Original post by BelMattC)
😭😭😭😭😭😭 just read the second part of your post, when did you hear that?
I heard from another candidate about his/her interview on another forum. On the same forum, many others still have their application under review by the department, just like me. In 2020, when I applied, my application was under review for a long time and I had received a rejection email on 26th Feb, 2020, to be exact.
sdk123
Rep:
Hey, also stuck with under review since at least 8 Jan 🙁
Thanks for starting this thread, maybe we can share any info/news that we have here? 💫
I also found this thread with FAQs on Cambridge 2022 decisions: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7158033
BelMattC
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sdk123)
I heard from another candidate about his/her interview on another forum. On the same forum, many others still have their application under review by the department, just like me. In 2020, when I applied, my application was under review for a long time and I had received a rejection email on 26th Feb, 2020, to be exact.
Thanks so much for sharing that info!!!! Hopefully we'll hear from them soon and it will be positive news 💫💫💫
stressedlawbaby
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hiya, I had my interview on Jan 17th with two potential supervisors. When I asked them the ETA on a decision though they said that once they wrote their report they really had no idea. Plus, most successful offers are given without interviews, so it just depends on the particular supervisor's style. Wouldn't worry if you didn't get one - if anything, maybe I got one because my proposal was not that great.
BelMattC
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by stressedlawbaby)
Hiya, I had my interview on Jan 17th with two potential supervisors. When I asked them the ETA on a decision though they said that once they wrote their report they really had no idea. Plus, most successful offers are given without interviews, so it just depends on the particular supervisor's style. Wouldn't worry if you didn't get one - if anything, maybe I got one because my proposal was not that great.
Thanks sooo much for taking the time to share that with us. I'm so anxious these days and ofc after re-reading what I wrote back in Nov it looks awful to me 😅
Do you mind me asking if you're home/international candidate? I'm from Latin America
stressedlawbaby
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Thanks sooo much for taking the time to share that with us. I'm so anxious these days and ofc after re-reading what I wrote back in Nov it looks awful to me 😅
Do you mind me asking if you're home/international candidate? I'm from Latin America
Yeah even in my interview I was pretty honest that upon reflection I obviously realise just how much development and refining is needed, but they just said that's a part of the first year of the PhD, it's completely normal. I'm home, I have pre-settled status in the UK as an EU citizen
Nosenose
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm also from Latin America, and my status is still under review. No interview yet
ninjaroundup
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I had my interview on 23 Jan with two potential supervisors. They did not know much about the timeline in the faculty of law. Not very useful to us but my wife's status (Ph.D. in Architecture) has just changed today to PAO without an interview, which should mean she is pretty much in.
dyparamita
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi, mine is still under review by the department as well - and I've been frantically refreshing and checking it a few times already. I applied last year and didn't succeed, I got my rejection on 28 March last year. Really hope it will go through this time around.
sdk123
Rep:
(Original post by ninjaroundup)
I had my interview on 23 Jan with two potential supervisors. They did not know much about the timeline in the faculty of law. Not very useful to us but my wife's status (Ph.D. in Architecture) has just changed today to PAO without an interview, which should mean she is pretty much in.
May I ask you which letter your surname starts with, please? Someone said that they go in this chronology.
blacktie
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Based on last year's schedule (https://www.cambridgestudents.cam.ac..._2021-2022.pdf), it seems like they should be meeting for the second round about now.
ninjaroundup
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sdk123)
May I ask you which letter your surname starts with, please? Someone said that they go in this chronology.
"F", I believe.
Nosenose
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ninjaroundup)
"F", I believe.
Where are you from?
ninjaroundup
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Nosenose)
Where are you from?
LATAM as well!
stressedlawbaby
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Anyone heard of offers or rejections being sent out?
BelMattC
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by stressedlawbaby)
Anyone heard of offers or rejections being sent out?
I'd like to know the same. Is your status still under Department review?
stressedlawbaby
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'd like to know the same. Is your status still under Department review?
yes! been under review for 2 weeks now?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads