The Student Room Group

Have your say on accessible exams

Hi everyone :wavey:

Ofqual are seeking student views on the future of assessments. They are drafting guidance to help awarding bodies design and develop assessments that are accessible for all learners.

The guidance will cover:

How to avoid unnecessary burden on students when measuring how the assessments are constructed

How to use accessible language, within an accessible layout

How to use source material, context, images and colour in an assessment

How to design and develop assessments in a way that facilitates Reasonable Adjustments (like extra time)

Practices that may help exam boards make their assessments as accessible as possible

At TSR we feel very strongly that students should have the opportunity to have a say in this guidance, and to help shape the future of assessment and exams. The learners who are about to experience these assessments, or who have just gone through the process themselves have much to say and should have a seat at the table!

Check out the full consultation here where you can find the details and submit your responses.

Alternatively, responses can be sent via email to [email protected] but if anyone chooses to respond in this way it would be really helpful if you can also answer the consultation questions from the link above so that we can include that data in Ofqual's analysis.

They are particularly interested to know in what capacity you are responding e.g. as a student. The consultation will close at 11:45 pm on Monday 24 January 2022.
(edited 2 years ago)
This is really important :yep: Linked to this, I think there should be more resources and opportunities for students to be assessed for things like Dyslexia and other learning needs. I don't think it's something that I saw was on offer when I was at Uni, although it probably was - if I'd seen it advertised at Uni I would have taken part in an assessment, but I wouldn't have activity gone to ask for it, if that makes sense :tongue: I think sadly lots of people who do have additional needs, slip under the net.
(edited 2 years ago)
will deffo fill this out :yy:
Consultation closes in 29 minutes, so if someone wants to do it, do it now!
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Consultation closes in 29 minutes, so if someone wants to do it, do it now!

says pm and not am
Original post by Talkative Toad
says pm and not am

Urgh, sometimes I wonder how I've lasted this long without walking into a wall! Sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest