Which University is better?

Watch this thread
sreeanta
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Is the University of Leeds or Durham University better in terms of employment rates post graduation holding a managerial degree?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sreeanta)
Is the University of Leeds or Durham University better in terms of employment rates post graduation holding a managerial degree?
Probably for the upper echelon tier management consultancy firms & IB/high finance, Durham has the edge. For everything else the difference will be pretty minimal, more down to individual applicant. Both are excellent universities, reputation wise.
sreeanta
Rep:
(Original post by mnot)
Probably for the upper echelon tier management consultancy firms & IB/high finance, Durham has the edge. For everything else the difference will be pretty minimal, more down to individual applicant. Both are excellent universities, reputation wise.
Alright but are there good jobs in Durham? Leeds is a pretty big city compared to Durham. Which location would be easier for job hunting and landing a good one?
SupposedlyIronic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I mean they're both respected so I'd probably just go with which you like most city-wise and stuff. I went to Durham and it's a lovely place but I dropped out because I wasn't a fan of other things. Leeds looks like a really cool city. Visit if you can and just think about where you'd rather live.
sreeanta
Rep:
(Original post by SupposedlyIronic)
I mean they're both respected so I'd probably just go with which you like most city-wise and stuff. I went to Durham and it's a lovely place but I dropped out because I wasn't a fan of other things. Leeds looks like a really cool city. Visit if you can and just think about where you'd rather live.
I see.. What did you not like in Durham? Also which course did you opt for?
SupposedlyIronic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sreeanta)
I see.. What did you not like in Durham? Also which course did you opt for?
A lot of the teaching for my course (English) was online, and they didn't plan for grade inflation very well in my opinion. Bit old-fashioned maybe. The people at my college (Stephenson) were lovely but yeah just wasn't thriving there.
sreeanta
Rep:
(Original post by SupposedlyIronic)
A lot of the teaching for my course (English) was online, and they didn't plan for grade inflation very well in my opinion. Bit old-fashioned maybe. The people at my college (Stephenson) were lovely but yeah just wasn't thriving there.
I see. I got an offer for MSc in Management and I was wondering if good management related firms are there..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
15.76%
The paper was reasonable (190)
49.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.06%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.08%

Watched Threads