Boots pharmacy assistant with prior degree??

Watch this thread
Mlevins
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello,

I have an interview next week for a trainee pharmacy assistant position at boots. I've been trying to get my foot in the door at a pharmacy and take the technician path for about two years now and this is the furthest I've gotten.

Only problem is I haven't mentioned my pharmacology degree.. I'm aware you don't qualify for certain apprenticeships or traineeships if you already have higher education in a related field but this is private not a gov scheme so would I be okay?

If I could refund or void my degree I would in a heartbeat, all it's got me is 30k debt and nightshifts in a milk warehouse, also made it near impossible to do the job I actually want to do.
Leesh34
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I think you should have declared it. Depending on if they themselves Boots fund your training or they use 'apprenticeship' schemes to pay for the training may make a difference on the success. If they are using as an apprenticeship you may not be eligible. I would be honest at the interview, what did your cv say you were doing for those few years?
Another option is to apply for a college that runs the pharmacy technician course, they can match you up to potential employers and this could be an alternative option.
Last edited by Leesh34; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.73%
Not yet, but I will soon (68)
18.43%
No (147)
39.84%

Watched Threads