Health care assistant interview at care home - advice?

Watch this thread
Nadixoxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi I have an interview for a health care assistant at a care home. This is my first interview because of my bad anxiety was wondering what kind of questions I would be asked and any advice on how to answer them? And what to wear to the interview? Thank you for the help
marple
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Nadixoxo)
Hi I have an interview for a health care assistant at a care home. This is my first interview because of my bad anxiety was wondering what kind of questions I would be asked and any advice on how to answer them? And what to wear to the interview? Thank you for the help
Hi

Congratulations on getting an interview. You are bound to be nervous, but remember that they are already interested in you or they wouldn't have asked to meet you. They will be trying to assess your suitability for the role so make sure you've looked at their website and know the type of care they offer and the type of people they care for. They might ask you what you think the job entails and whether you are happy to deliver personal care etc. Think about what you can bring to the job - are you good with people, have you helped care for a relative, or do you have a grandparent that will help you relate to their residents.

I know it's easier said than done, but try to relax and be yourself. Think about any questions you want to ask them (asking about what training you will be expected to do is always a starting point). In an ideal world a job interview is as much about you deciding whether you want to work there as them deciding whether you suit them. Body language is important, so smile, make eye contact and look interested. As for what to wear, something reasonably smart that you feel comfortable in - dark trousers and a shirt/top is a safe bet and something that most people have.

Best of luck
Last edited by marple; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
20%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
7.5%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
10%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
12.5%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (9)
22.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
27.5%

Watched Threads