Akansha J
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
which is better for the 2 year LLB programme Uni of Leeds or Southampton? In terms of employability and student life
The University of Law Students
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Akansha J)
which is better for the 2 year LLB programme Uni of Leeds or Southampton? In terms of employability and student life
Hi Askansha

I can't comment on the uni's you have mentioned as I haven't studied at either but I've lived not far from both Leeds and Southampton before. In terms of student life, I think Leeds is a great city and you'd have a great time there. Southampton is okay and has definitely got better over the years.

In terms of employability, you've not mentioned what you want to go onto do (solicitor, barrister, other legal careers etc). Both cities have lots of opportunities for solicitors and there are a few chambers for barristers in both but Southampton does open easy travel to London or the Western Circuit if you are considering the barrister route, not to mention the various government departments (although check out each department separately because they have different offices across the UK).

When looking at each uni, check out their careers/employability service as this is really important if you are considering a career in law- being academic isn't enough- you have to show that you've had experience in the legal sector so you want a uni that invites lots of solicitor firms or chambers for talks, or can help with CV and applications (as legal ones are very different to other sectors), as well as will help you apply for mini-pupillages (for barristers) or work experience (solicitors).

Which ever one you choose, I hope you have a great time there.
Hope that helps!

Nic
Student Ambassador at the University of Law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads