The Student Room Group

Miss counted my reference list

Hi everyone.

I have just realised that I miscounted my reference list. When I started counting my words, it was 95 words. I later added more references but I was in such a rush to hand it in (deadline very near approaching) I forgot to count the words again for it. When I had a look at it today, it actually equalled to 351 words but I didn’t change it from 95 to 351.
I also ran out of time and didn’t include 4 references in the reference list (however, I have included them in the in-text citation).

I’ve told the teacher marking the essay, that I didn’t put the 4 references in the reference list but they are in the in-text citation. But I’ve only just realised I forgot to change the reference list word count from 95 to 351.

I know I am going to loose marks which I am really upset about because I worked really hard on the essay but I’m now worried that I will get a refer because of the miscalculation of the reference list words and missing 4 references. However, I’m also aware that I did leave it till the last minute. However, it was a really hard essay and the hardest one so far. It was a literature review essay. Never known anything like it!

It would be great to hear your feedback. Fingers crossed I don’t get a refer because I would hate to think that I’d have to do all of that again.
Beating myself up right now because mistakes like these I don’t make!!! Usually everything is in check and at a good standard. Cried like a baby yesterday and feel like a failure for not doing everything perfect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending