cm0165
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Would picking Maths Physics History over Maths Physics and Chemistry be a reason for a university or apprenticeship (engineering area) to pick someone else over me?
lucymwoodward
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by cm0165)
Would picking Maths Physics History over Maths Physics and Chemistry be a reason for a university or apprenticeship (engineering area) to pick someone else over me?
Hi, here are my thoughts!

In short, probably not, but having A Levels in similar subjects might be of benefit to you. I'd say it's definitely worth checking course requirements for a wide range of universities and types of courses, even courses that are only a maybe for you at this point as plans always change.

I took Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A Level and found they complimented each other well. I'm now a physics student at uni and while chemistry hasn't been necessary to get by, it's been very useful in certain modules such as Solid State physics.

I think it's worth weighing up how important studying history is to you - if you have a real passion for it and would love to study it etc. Something you'll have to figure out for yourself though

Hope this was helpful, if you have more specific questions let me know
Lucy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (67)
28.39%
As I expected (73)
30.93%
Harder (88)
37.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.39%

Watched Threads