If I’ve done most of level 3 can I stop and do a level 2?

Watch this thread
Ella38942
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I know this looks ridiculously long but PLEASE hear me out! I was still in school when everything kicked off with covid and I had to finish year 11 abruptly and was given results for my GCSEs without doing them. I suddenly started my art college course and I did level 3 because I had the grades to not have to do level 2. I’m getting closer to end of my level 3 now I have a few months but I have hated doing it and I wish I could’ve done level 2 but when I asked to go back I wasn’t allowed so I got on with it but because of so many mental health issues and (obviously) covid I have produced little to no work in the time I’ve been doing it (btw this is of no fault of the college it’s been moderately helpful despite covid).

I never wanted to go to uni when I started this course because I thought I could have no future but very suddenly my mind has changed and I want (more than anything) to go somewhere else and do a level 2 and I have no idea if that’s possible, if someone could please help me I’d be incredibly grateful!
Btw I have not finished my level 3 yet but the final major project is coming up

THANK YOU!
gxyup
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ella38942)
Hi, I know this looks ridiculously long but PLEASE hear me out! I was still in school when everything kicked off with covid and I had to finish year 11 abruptly and was given results for my GCSEs without doing them. I suddenly started my art college course and I did level 3 because I had the grades to not have to do level 2. I’m getting closer to end of my level 3 now I have a few months but I have hated doing it and I wish I could’ve done level 2 but when I asked to go back I wasn’t allowed so I got on with it but because of so many mental health issues and (obviously) covid I have produced little to no work in the time I’ve been doing it (btw this is of no fault of the college it’s been moderately helpful despite covid).

I never wanted to go to uni when I started this course because I thought I could have no future but very suddenly my mind has changed and I want (more than anything) to go somewhere else and do a level 2 and I have no idea if that’s possible, if someone could please help me I’d be incredibly grateful!

THANK YOU!
if you want to go to uni you would need a level 3 at some point as a level 2 is equivalent to gcses. imo i think u should stick with the level 3. ik it’s hard as i’m in the same situation as u but it u really do try i genuinely think u can go far and go to uni. going back to a level 2 would push u back but if u really would like to do a level 2 first and then a 3 then that’s another option too. retaking your year is an option too if u don’t feel mentally ready to complete this year or don’t think u will get the grades u need. at the end of the day it’s up to u tho but if u do still want to do a level 2 then i’m pretty sure u will have to apply for the new september round and start again and most colleges offer it so just look around ur local area for places that do it.
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ella38942)

THANK YOU!
Ask your college's Advice Shop (or equivalent) directly, but I'm pretty sure that they will say no. This is because they cover different things on the two different courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (27)
24.11%
The paper was reasonable (49)
43.75%
Not feeling great about that exam... (25)
22.32%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
9.82%

Watched Threads