Good lunch for college? 16f

Watch this thread
sciencegcsesss
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello, as a ‘sequel’ to my thread asking for filling, tasty and healthy breakfast ideas I am interested in your opinions/meal ideas for school lunches! I’m a 16 year old female and I’m looking for something that has a reasonable cost, is tasty and actually filling! Preferable something warm but if not that’s okay. In the past I have eaten: a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich with cucumber slices, bagels filled with cream cheese and salmon and sandwiches filled with either curry or noodles that my parents have made as a dinner meal because I was too lazy to make either of the previous two. The issue I have with these is that: they’re not as tasty or filling as I would like them to be, it takes a lot of effort to make these, the salmon and canned tuna can be too salty. I want to avoid processed food. Thanks
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Also I need something that doesn’t need to be in the fridge all the time but still be okay to eat as I won’t be eating my lunch for 3-4 hours after I have left the house. Also, does anyone have any tips for adding things like tomatoes without the bread going soggy?
bl0bf1sh
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
pasta – add whatever sauce and any other bits like veggies and protein, and then either eat it cold or heat it up in the microwave

maybe if you put some lettuce or something between the tomatoes that might help?
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
(Original post by bl0bf1sh)
pasta – add whatever sauce and any other bits like veggies and protein, and then either eat it cold or heat it up in the microwave

maybe if you put some lettuce or something between the tomatoes that might help?
Okay thank you that sounds good.

Ah that is such a good idea - thank you!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I normally eat spicy chicken wrap or ham salad wraps for lunch with fruit. Sometimes I’ll have soup with crunchy bread (like tomato, chicken veg...). Or protein laden salads (just a green salad but topped with boiled eggs/tuna/chicken...)
If im working from home ill sometimes have scrambled eggs or beans on toast.
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
(Original post by mnot)
I normally eat spicy chicken wrap or ham salad wraps for lunch with fruit. Sometimes I’ll have soup with crunchy bread (like tomato, chicken veg...). Or protein laden salads (just a green salad but topped with boiled eggs/tuna/chicken...)
If im working from home ill sometimes have scrambled eggs or beans on toast.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
Oh yeah I completely forgot about wraps, so I’ll think I’ll try them again. Oooh I’ve never had a protein laden salad so I might try that as long as the salad ingredients will keep. Your suggestions sound really nice
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Salad
Sandwiches
Crisps
Cake
Fruit bowl
Ice cream
Sweets
Fish on toast
Beans on toast
Smoked salmon and lettuce wraps
Swede
Tuna and potato salad
Pumpkin pie
Ham and chicken pasta
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by sciencegcsesss)
Also I need something that doesn’t need to be in the fridge all the time but still be okay to eat as I won’t be eating my lunch for 3-4 hours after I have left the house. Also, does anyone have any tips for adding things like tomatoes without the bread going soggy?
Removing the seeds from the tomatoes might help.

If you have access to a microwave or a very good flask that keeps heat, soups and stews can be really nice and filling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
22.5%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (10)
12.5%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (12)
15%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
21.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
23.75%

Watched Threads