Are Highschool students still allowed to were masks in school?

Watch this thread
Sazzysz7
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, after Boris Johnsons announcement, my school sent a email out saying that face covering are no longer recommended etc. Last time, when boris said face covering are not recommended, my school literally forced everyone to take their face covering off. Like, whenever we entered the classroom they would say to us to take it off.
I don't feel comfortable taking my mask off as I have a baby brother at home and have beta thalassemia which means my body doesn't make hemoglobin normally. So, if I get covid it would be really hard for me as my body already doesn't get enough oxygen.
I'm thinking about talking to the teacher and telling her my situation.
What do you think about this? and what should I really be doing about this?
jayls
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Your school definitely shouldn’t be able to force you to take your mask off if you don’t want to. Tell them about your situation.
Talkative Toad
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yeah as Jay says school shouldn't be telling you that you must take off the face covering.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Refuse to take it off. Stick up for yourself (politely) - it's your health after all. Get your parents involved if necessary.
annonnymous16
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
it's personal preference, your school shouldn't be forcing you to take them off. if you feel more comfortable with one on then that's the main thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (86)
19.5%
The paper was reasonable (167)
37.87%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
26.76%
It was TERRIBLE (70)
15.87%

Watched Threads