The Student Room Group

Harper and Keele Veterinary Medicine 2022

Hello! I thought I would make a thread for people planning to go to Harper and Keele for Vet Med in September 2022, I haven’t seen one yet ☺️

My name is Anna, I’m 23 so applying as a mature student, and hoping subject to my grades This summer I’ll be joining in September!

Is anyone else planning on joining Harper and Keele?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! My name is Saffron. I’ve been offered an unconditional place to study vet med at H&K this September. Slightly more of a mature student that you (26)!😂 I’m a fully qualified RVN currently working in the zoo sector. Daunted to be going back into full time education, but extremely excited to finally be taking a step in the direction of becoming a Vet!
Hi! I appear to be the baby of the group! My name is Lottie and I've just been offered a place at H&K. I'm 18 and I take my A levels this year so I've just got to get my grades! Hopefully see you all in September! Xx
Reply 3
@WABW congratulations on the unconditional! Do you know what you’re planning on doing about accommodation?

@lottie.s.2003 congrats!! And good luck with your a levels, you’ll smash them I’m sure, what are you taking?
Original post by annajmoss
@WABW congratulations on the unconditional! Do you know what you’re planning on doing about accommodation?

@lottie.s.2003 congrats!! And good luck with your a levels, you’ll smash them I’m sure, what are you taking?

Thank you so much!! Well done to you too! I'm taking biology, chemistry and physics, what are you studying at the moment? Xx
Reply 5

Thank you! Congrats on your offer as well😊
I’m looking to rent somewhere privately with my partner, all being well they are hopefully able to transfer jobs somewhere local. I’ve requested Keele as my main campus, so thinking somewhere around Stoke… Have no idea about the local area at all yet though, so still need to do a lot of investigating!
What’re you planning on doing? X
Reply 6
@lottie.s.2003 I did my degree in history so am going back to do my chemistry a level as I don’t have any science ones x

@WABWAD thank you ☺️ and ah that’s handy, I’m also going to pick Keele as well, have you firmed your offer/how did you do your request?

I’m not sure yet for living, which stresses me slightly 😹 there’s a couple of flats that the uni have ‘approved’ that I might look at, and then maybe rent a house going after that when I know some people x
@lottie.s.2003 I did my degree in history so am going back to do my chemistry a level as I don’t have any science ones x

@WABWAD thank you ☺️ and ah that’s handy, I’m also going to pick Keele as well, have you firmed your offer/how did you do your request?

I’m not sure yet for living, which stresses me slightly 😹 there’s a couple of flats that the uni have ‘approved’ that I might look at, and then maybe rent a house going after that when I know some people x

@annajmoss that's so cool! Good luck with chemistry xx
Reply 8
Hello! I thought I would make a thread for people planning to go to Harper and Keele for Vet Med in September 2022, I haven’t seen one yet ☺️

My name is Anna, I’m 23 so applying as a mature student, and hoping subject to my grades This summer I’ll be joining in September!

Is anyone else planning on joining Harper and Keele?

Hi!! I'm Mariam and I'm 22 so also applying as a mature student!!
I have an interview at Harper Adams on the 16th which I'm super nervous about. I'm guessing you've already had yours, how did you find it? Do you have any advice?
Good luck for your grades this summer!! :smile:
Reply 9
@MariyamL hi Mariam, congrats on your interview!! Honestly it was really relaxed, they’ll give you an intro at the start about how it’ll all go, but everyone is really lovely and they want you to do well! Just remember they’re not there to catch you out, and if you don’t feel happy with how it went, the next panel interviewer doesn’t know what happened in the last one, so it’s a fresh start. Just be yourself, they wanna know what you’re like as a person and how you think, not how much knowledge you have.

Good luck you’ll smash it!
Hi, my name is Rebekah and I’m 23. I have a degree in Bioveterinary Science from Harper and an unconditional offer from HK for September. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Reply 11
@Rebekah991 congratulations! What are you looking at doing living wise? I’m slightly stressed by it 😹
@Rebekah991 congratulations! What are you looking at doing living wise? I’m slightly stressed by it 😹

I haven’t fully decided yet, I’m hoping for the Harper campus and then either do a year in halls then rent in Newport or live in Newport for 5 years. I really enjoyed living there during my degree
@annajmoss where did you find info on the Keele approved accommodation? I just thought I’d have a look at a few options before looking at requesting a campus 😊
Reply 14
hi everyone! my names rosie and i’ve just accepted my HK offer!! i’m 18 and currently on a gap year and im so excited to meet you all in september :smile:
Original post by rms03
hi everyone! my names rosie and i’ve just accepted my HK offer!! i’m 18 and currently on a gap year and im so excited to meet you all in september :smile:

Congratulations! Have you decided which campus you are going to request? 😊
Reply 16
Original post by Rebekah991
Congratulations! Have you decided which campus you are going to request? 😊

thank you!! i think i like the look of keele but both campuses are so lovely im having a hard time choosing! how about you?
Original post by rms03
thank you!! i think i like the look of keele but both campuses are so lovely im having a hard time choosing! how about you?

I’m torn between the two at the moment, so I spent four years at Harper doing my Biovet degree and I’m not sure whether to go for Harper again or try something different and go for Keele
Reply 18
Original post by Rebekah991
I’m torn between the two at the moment, so I spent four years at Harper doing my Biovet degree and I’m not sure whether to go for Harper again or try something different and go for Keele

hmm that is tricky! how did you find being at harper? i had my interview there and the campus is so lovely and open
Original post by rms03
hmm that is tricky! how did you find being at harper? i had my interview there and the campus is so lovely and open

I really enjoyed it, there was always lot on with a lot of student nights out each week until covid happened. I also love that the campus has the farm and companion animal unit on site too, I spent alot of time on the dairy unit during my dissertation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending