Question for women

Watch this thread
Elloinmornin_J
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Does height actually matter to women when dating a guy?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
it isn’t the be all and end all for me. i’d prefer a guy to be taller than me, but that’s not difficult as i’m only 5’3. at the end of the day, personality matters much more
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Til this day, I haven’t seen (in real life) one couple where the guy is shorter than the girl.

So, my answer, although being highly controversial… is yes. I would say though that the consensus I’ve noticed is that sometimes girls just prefer a guy taller than her; how tall doesn’t matter.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
To some women, yes.
Different women have very different attraction dealbreakers, ambitions and relationship preferences.
Within tinder, there are lots of demanding cliques where highly appearance attracted women are not open to talking to guys shorter than 6'2+.

Many women prefer to date a guy who is always taller than them without footwear on.
Plenty of women have a minimum height or height gap dealbreaker.
My minimum height dealbreaker is 5'4.
Food!!
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Til this day, I haven’t seen (in real life) one couple where the guy is shorter than the girl.

So, my answer, although being highly controversial… is yes. I would say though that the consensus I’ve noticed is that sometimes girls just prefer a guy taller than her; how tall doesn’t matter.
i have my aunt and uncle
my aunt is way taller than my uncle
Angel in the sky
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Sorry only interested in women, but height doesn't matter then
gracieee16
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
depends on the girl. imo i want him to be 5'8+ ideally as i wear boots with heels sometimes and i do not want to be taller.
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

I have, the guy was like 5ft 3 and the woman was about 5ft 5. Conversely I have never seen anyone outside of TSR or the cesspit of dating apps bang on about it.
jayls
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I don’t think there’s really a definitive answer to this. To some it matters, to some it doesn’t. I’m not going to lie, if I could build a man from scratch he’d probably be 6 foot. But if I liked a guy, him being shorter than me would definitely not be the dealbreaker. Most of my friends have that same opinion. And if I were to rank the aspects of a man in order of importance when it comes to dating, for me it would be personality > face > body > height.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Food!!)
i have my aunt and uncle
my aunt is way taller than my uncle

There can be anomalies within a data set.
Food!!
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
There can be anomalies within a data set.
whatever you say :rolleyes:
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ROTL94 2)
I have, the guy was like 5ft 3 and the woman was about 5ft 5. Conversely I have never seen anyone outside of TSR or the cesspit of dating apps bang on about it.

Again, anomalies can be safely discarded. Obviously everyone is entitled to have preferences and what not, and I respect that. But I won’t lie, there is definitely correlation in terms of women being shorter than the man in height.

I really don’t care about any of this, and I would like to hope you don’t to. I am merely just giving my opinion on OP’s question.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 3 months ago
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
No I wouldn't mind the height of anyone that I was dating, regardless of gender
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Lucifer323
The mods do not appreciate these type of contributions to relationships threads focusing on the height preferences of females who date males. :eviltongue:
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
The mods do not appreciate these type of contributions to relationships threads focusing on the height preferences of females who date males. :eviltongue:
I didn't make this thread:dontknow:
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
I didn't make this thread:dontknow:
You summoned the height baiting devil who got the m word banned from the relationships forum.
Lucifer323
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by gracieee16)
depends on the girl. imo i want him to be 5'8+ ideally as i wear boots with heels sometimes and i do not want to be taller.
And what is your height please?
Lucifer323
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
You summoned the height baiting devil who got the m word banned from the relationships forum.
Good evening my dear!!!

I am just trying to figure out for once more whether a range of Lilliputian girls prefer Bigfoot-type men.
Lucifer323
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
No I wouldn't mind the height of anyone that I was dating, regardless of gender
So I suppose you are a female. Will you days someone who was 5'5?
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
So I suppose you are a female. Will you days someone who was 5'5?
Yes I am female. Yeah I would - whatever their gender
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads