Why isn't there more outrage over the government ending mandatory face masks?

Watch this thread
0covid
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I remember last summer, there was so much outrage when the government ended mandatory face coverings. More than half of my friends were still wearing them nearly everywhere indoors. Everyone in the train station would still wear masks and anyone not wearing one will get people staring at them.

This time, where is the outrage over this "decision" by the government? Even all my friends have accepted it, no one seems to care anymore.

To the people who will ask me why I care, its because masks protect others as well as you. So if most other people choose not to wear a mask, my covid risk goes up and I refuse to catch covid.

Volunteer Note: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.
Last edited by 04MR17; 3 months ago
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Because its 2022 and people no longer give a ****. People are fed up and/or mentally tapped out.
benj99
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
We need vaccine mandates or enforced lockdowns for the unvaxxed.
ROTL94 2
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It's nothing more than a distraction from a sizeable scandal, so, I'm glad people aren't latching on to this face mask thing.
coco:)
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Bojo's just trying to distract everyone with what's actually going on... and failing.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
1. bc I believe they don't really help much
2. we're sick of all their silly restrictions
3. it's been 2 years, time to move on
4. the goverment lied to us, they know covid it's not as deadly as they claimed, and all their lies are finally coming to light now
Ciel.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by benj99)
We need vaccine mandates or enforced lockdowns for the unvaxxed.
aww, do you really feel superior, even tho you can spread covid too?
watch my unvaxxed ass go clubbing next week, no more vaccine passports :>
0covid
Rep:
(Original post by Ciel.)
1. bc they don't really help much
2. we're sick of all their silly restrictions
3. it's been 2 years, time to move on
4. the goverment lied to us, they know covid it's not as deadly as they claimed, and all their lies are finally coming to light now
1. They reduce the spread of covid and they don't harm you. I actually quite enjoy face masks as it lets me hide my facial expressions.
2. You may be sick of covid, but covid is not sick of you
3. Covid will be endemic for the next 5 years. If masks can protect us during this time, surely that can only be a positive thing
4. While Omicorn may be less deadly than Delta, it is still considerably more deadly than the coronaviruses that cause the common cold
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Probably because they don't make much difference, and people want a return to normality after 2 years of this nonsense.
crashcody
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
The whole thing is turning into a joke. Scandal after scandal, time after time, and lockdown after lockdown. Fighters are sick of fighting, obeyers still obey.

I don’t really care to be honest. I will still be wearing my face covering but I doubt many other people will. But that’s their choice, and it will effect those around them more than those around me. I’m more sick of people constantly complaining about the restrictions we have/don’t have without stop every single day. We get it, a ‘face covering is a breach of your human rights’. I understand that ‘we need another lockdown’. Either way, Im sick of the constant divide in our society. But thats the cost of opinion.
Last edited by hotdeaths; 3 months ago
Ciel.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 0covid)
1. They reduce the spread of covid and they don't harm you. I actually quite enjoy face masks as it lets me hide my facial expressions.
2. You may be sick of covid, but covid is not sick of you
3. Covid will be endemic for the next 5 years. If masks can protect us during this time, surely that can only be a positive thing
4. While Omicorn may be less deadly than Delta, it is still considerably more deadly than the coronaviruses that cause the common cold
1. i never wear masks anyway, and i haven't caught covid yet. you probably just don't like your face? lol
2. i'm clearly immune to it
3. my face is too beautiful to hide it in public for another 5 years and the goverment clearly acknowledges it
4. it's actually less serious than flu
0covid
Rep:
(Original post by Ciel.)
1. i never wear masks anyway, and i haven't caught covid yet. you probably just don't like your face? lol
2. i'm clearly immune to it
3. my face is too beautiful to hide it in public for another 5 years and the goverment clearly acknowledges it
4. it's actually less serious than flu
Studies have shown that face masks can actually make some people more visually attractive to the opposite gender.

Also, masks also protect you from the flu.
Ciel.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Studies have shown that face masks can actually make some people more visually attractive to the opposite gender.

Also, masks also protect you from the flu.
maybe if the rest of your face is ugly. i don't have that problem
0covid
Rep:
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
Probably because they don't make much difference, and people want a return to normality after 2 years of this nonsense.
But they still reduce the spread of covid and wearing them does you no harm. If anything it will help you as studies have shown that face masks can actually make some people more visually attractive to the opposite gender.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Because no-one gives a **** any more
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
But they still reduce the spread of covid and wearing them does you no harm. If anything it will help you as studies have shown that face masks can actually make some people more visually attractive to the opposite gender.
people are welcome to keep wearing them if they want to, it's not like wearing them is going to become illegal
Ciel.
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
it's actually bad for your skin, wearing a mask for so many hours, every day.
and they clearly don't really do ****.. you can still catch covid
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Bojo is a huge dilf
0covid
Rep:
(Original post by Ciel.)
it's actually bad for your skin, wearing a mask for so many hours, every day.
and they clearly don't really do ****.. you can still catch covid
I wear a mask for 7+ hours each day and my face is just fine.
amethystmoss
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I remember last summer, there was so much outrage when the government ended mandatory face coverings. More than half of my friends were still wearing them nearly everywhere indoors. Everyone in the train station would still wear masks and anyone not wearing one will get people staring at them.

This time, where is the outrage over this "decision" by the government? Even all my friends have accepted it, no one seems to care anymore.

To the people who will ask me why I care, its because masks protect others as well as you. So if most other people choose not to wear a mask, my covid risk goes up and I refuse to catch covid.
My dad thinks they are close to declaring the pandemic over. Self isolation was moved to five days, and now no mask mandate. Coronavirus becoming endemic (like a regular disease that goes around, such as the flu) is basically an exit plan for the government and I think that’s what they’re aiming for. I don’t know if I agree with it or not.. obviously we can’t have restrictions forever but wearing a face covering is just a minor inconvenience and not really a restriction in the way that lockdowns are. Maybe it’s too early to get rid of them, idk.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
19.17%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.83%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
6.67%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (20)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (30)
25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
21.67%

Watched Threads