The Student Room Group

Why isn't there more outrage over the government ending mandatory face masks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ciel.
you need to educate yourself. just bc the covid vaccine was initally granted approval for emergency use, doesn't mean we know it's 100% safe long term. actually, its estimated study completion date is january next year.
who are you calling old af? i'm in my 20s 😂

the stats regarding unvaxed people requiring hospitalisation aren't totally truthful. you're classified as unvaxxed even if you've had 2 jabs.
and no, i don't think vaccines cause autism, but if that's what happened to you then i'm really sorry......

Rather ironic that you say another person needs to get educated. Unlike other vaccines, the covid vaccines were developed at a world record pace because of the sheer amount of funding and research that went into it, in such a short period of time - this was due to to that fact that nearly the whole world faced the impact of covid. Other vaccines would not face half the amount of trials in a quarter amount of time and approximately ten folds less funding. We have already seen the effects of the vaccine, as we are getting on average double the amount of cases this time last year with significantly less hospitalisations.

It is your choice whether you want to get the vaccine or not, but don't tell others to get 'educated' when clearly you aren't.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Lion2213
Rather ironic that you say another person needs to get educated. Unlike other vaccines, the covid vaccines were developed at a world record pace because of the sheer amount of funding and research that went into it, in such a short period of time - this was due to to that fact that nearly the whole world faced the impact of covid. Other vaccines would not face half the amount of trials in a quarter amount of time and approximately ten folds less funding. We have already seen the effects of the vaccine, as we are getting on average double the amount of cases with significantly less hospitalisations.

It is your choice whether you want to get the vaccine or not, but don't tell others to get 'educated' when clearly you aren't.

Going to have to agree with this post.
Reply 42
Original post by Talkative Toad
Yeah I used to be pro restrictions and everything too but now I just can't stand the thought of having another lockdown, I'll go insane despite me being anti-social if it happens. Masking up is the only restriction that we should have imo (I dislike wearing a mask but I'll put up with it) and testing then the rest need to go.

Yep, pretty much exactly how I feel.
Original post by Foxehh
Yep, pretty much exactly how I feel.

We should have been tougher in 2020 but forget about trying to do that now. Sick of Vaccine passports, another lockdown and people being pestered to get the booster jab.
Because Boris wants to party!!
Atleast Boris can party as much as he wants #ravingboris
Original post by Cybernerd003
Because Boris wants to party!!

More like save his backside as well. I'm glad that mask wearing is gone but I think that it's stupid to remove mask wearing. This better not be an on and off thing where they'll get rid of it temporarily then bring it back because that seems to be the case. I also want vaccination passports to be ditched for good other than for travel abroad maybe.
More like save his backside as well. I'm glad that mask wearing is gone but I think that it's stupid to remove mask wearing. This better not be an on and off thing where they'll get rid of it temporarily then bring it back because that seems to be the case. I also want vaccination passports to be ditched for good other than for travel abroad maybe.

Same!! I agree with every single point you made
Reply 48
We should have been tougher in 2020 but forget about trying to do that now. Sick of Vaccine passports, another lockdown and people being pestered to get the booster jab.

Hindsight is 2020 (no pun intended). It is not even 'the' booster jab anymore, with the experts looking at making this a yearly thing to go along with the flu jab. You guys have it bad with the lockdowns, here in the US we thankfully have a bit more freedom. Frustrating though to hear discussion about schools and universities going back virtual, not being able to go out to restaurants and what have you.
Same!! I agree with every single point you made

Even for travel abroad I want it so that a negative test is enough (I.e getting vaccinated isn't a requirement). These travel tests need be made cheaper, they are a scam in this country and too expensive.
Original post by Foxehh
Hindsight is 2020 (no pun intended). It is not even 'the' booster jab anymore, with the experts looking at making this a yearly thing to go along with the flu jab. You guys have it bad with the lockdowns, here in the US we thankfully have a bit more freedom. Frustrating though to hear discussion about schools and universities going back virtual, not being able to go out to restaurants and what have you.

If it's a yearly jab then I refuse to have it yearly (obviously it's good for others) if it means that my life is restricted as a result then be it. Nah you guys in the USA have it worst imo when it comes to vaccination passports and boy don't even get me started on France when it comes to them. Yeah Private schools and unis especially need to get back to face to face learning where possible as you're paying for the education.
Even for travel abroad I want it so that a negative test is enough (I.e getting vaccinated isn't a requirement). These travel tests need be made cheaper, they are a scam in this country and too expensive.

Trust me, it's put me off travelling abroad its just a risk with all the tests you have to do I don't wanna be stranded in a foreign country, plus I have to pay for atleast 4 covid tests because my parents didn't want me to take the vaccine (I was going to get the vaccine to make travelling easier but my parents mean more to me than being able to travel by disobeying them).
Trust me, it's put me off travelling abroad its just a risk with all the tests you have to do I don't wanna be stranded in a foreign country, plus I have to pay for atleast 4 covid tests because my parents didn't want me to take the vaccine (I was going to get the vaccine to make travelling easier but my parents mean more to me than being able to travel by disobeying them).

If you're over 16 and live in the UK then you're parents have no right to make you not take the vaccine?
Reply 53
If it's a yearly jab then I refuse to have it yearly (obviously it's good for others) if it means that my life is restricted as a result then be it. Nah you guys in the USA have it worst imo when it comes to vaccination passports and boy don't even get me started on France when it comes to them. Yeah Private schools and unis especially need to get back to face to face learning where possible as you're paying for the education.

Eh, that sounds nice typed out but in reality I think Ill probably end up getting it if they can make a flu+covid jab in one like they're discussing, Ive already had the first 2 jabs. Restricting your own daily life by not taking it out of pure spite isnt going to change the circumstances, unfortunately. I havent been following the vaccine passport headlines tbf though I meant the lockdowns specifically, the US has taken more of a suggestive approach than a forceful one unlike the UK for the most part.
Original post by Foxehh
Eh, that sounds nice typed out but in reality I think Ill probably end up getting it if they can make a flu+covid jab in one like they're discussing, Ive already had the first 2 jabs. Restricting your own daily life by not taking it out of pure spite isnt going to change the circumstances, unfortunately. I havent been following the vaccine passport headlines tbf though I meant the lockdowns specifically, the US has taken more of a suggestive approach than a forceful one unlike the UK for the most part.

Yeah.
If you're over 16 and live in the UK then you're parents have no right to make you not take the vaccine?

Lol don't worry I wasn't forced I just preferred to listen to them.
Lol don't worry I wasn't forced I just preferred to listen to them.

You're call I guess
Don't do this often anymore But @CoolCavy may want to clean this thread.

Thread cleared up and moved to the debate forum - thanks for the tag :smile:

1) It should go without saying but TSR is for everyone regardless of age or academic credentials.
2) Please do not insult or name call people who you disagree with
3) Please do not engage in long arguments, simply report the post and ignore
4) If you wish to contribute to the debate please link sources when stating facts and avoid posting opinions as facts

:ta:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Foxehh
here in the US we thankfully have a bit more freedom.

Isn't that a state thing - all these lunatic places like California still having loads of restrictions, and places like Florida having none?

Also - you're missing out the bit where Joe Biden tried to essentially create a dictatorship by mandating vaccines for all (with jobs), and it was only the Supreme Court that stopped him.
Reply 59
Original post by Trinculo
Isn't that a state thing - all these lunatic places like California still having loads of restrictions, and places like Florida having none?

Also - you're missing out the bit where Joe Biden tried to essentially create a dictatorship by mandating vaccines for all (with jobs), and it was only the Supreme Court that stopped him.

I clarified I was talking about the lockdowns specifically. You really love taking this out of context, dont you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending