Deliveroo tax with other job

Watch this thread
Gillzy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So I have a job that gives me an average of around 300 a month which I pay tax for but I’m doing Deliveroo on the side which gives me an additional 120 per month approximately.

I’m confused whether I will
Need to pay tax on this additional income and if so how much would you expect it to be?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Gillzy)
So I have a job that gives me an average of around 300 a month which I pay tax for but I’m doing Deliveroo on the side which gives me an additional 120 per month approximately.

Need to pay tax on this additional income and if so how much would you expect it to be?
Initially you will pay tax at the basic rate currently 20%. You can then speak to HMRC about splitting your allowances. When this is sorted you wont end up paying tax on those earnings.
martin7
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

You can earn up to £12,570 this tax year before you start paying tax, so the fact you're paying tax on a £300 per month job rings alarm bells (unless you have some other taxable income you haven't mentioned).

What tax code is on your pay slips for your "main" hob? And what tax code for the Deliveroo job?
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

You need to submit a Self Assessment tax return. Your liability will be calculated via that.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
You need to submit a Self Assessment tax return. Your liability will be calculated via that.
No you dont need to complete a Self Assessment return unless 1 of the jobs is self employed. Self Assessment doesnt apply for most people
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
No you dont need to complete a Self Assessment return unless 1 of the jobs is self employed. Self Assessment doesnt apply for most people
Deliveroo riders are self employed :facepalm:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (116)
29.82%
It went fairly well (185)
47.56%
It didn't go too well (60)
15.42%
TERRIBLE! (28)
7.2%

Watched Threads