How do you deal with problematic flatmates?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I stay in a 6 share uni apartment which is occupied only by myself and 2 others at the moment. One of them moved in less than a week ago and is already slamming doors at all hours but mostly around 1-2am which is ridiculous. I've brought it up once before but it continues to go on and my other flatmate is fed up of having to constantly remind him of it too. We've even complained to management but they're very slow to address the situation. How should we go about this?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I stay in a 6 share uni apartment which is occupied only by myself and 2 others at the moment. One of them moved in less than a week ago and is already slamming doors at all hours but mostly around 1-2am which is ridiculous. I've brought it up once before but it continues to go on and my other flatmate is fed up of having to constantly remind him of it too. We've even complained to management but they're very slow to address the situation. How should we go about this?
Wait until you know they're asleep (7am for example) and start slamming doors yourself.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey there,

This is a pretty difficult situation to be in. Part of life is learning to deal with difficult people, but at the same time, you shouldn't have to deal with this while you're trying to de-stress from the day at home. I'd definitely recommend either a very in-depth conversation where you and your other flatmates tell them what's bothering you (which depending on how receptive they are, may not go amazingly well) or it's something you're going to have to wait out, hoping that the flatmate stops doing it. You could invest in some earplugs or use earphones for music when trying to sleep.

There are ways of avoiding it or taking it head-on. I'm not a very confrontational person until things get out of hand and it affects me more than it should.

I hope this helps, and good luck!
-Quinn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (226)
42.24%
The paper was reasonable (228)
42.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
8.97%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
6.17%

Watched Threads