The Student Room Group

why do people brake check

it hasnt happened to me, but why do ppl do it? lmao

ive seen dash cam vids where they brake check cos they get pissed then get out their car screaming. *******s tbh
They're idiots.
Original post by hungrysalamander
They're idiots.

^THIS, pretty much.

Also when they're trying for a Cash for Crash.
Reply 3
Usually to give the person behind them a bit of a scare because they're being an *******.
Reply 4
say someone does a brake check and u rear end them, who's at fault?

like if you have proof that it was a brake check they did out of frustration, who's at fault?
Original post by user432

like if you have proof that it was a brake check they did out of frustration, who's at fault?

This is why you have dash cams, but I assume if the car that checked you doesn't have a license plate, or has clearly been hit before, insurance will suspect
Reply 6
Original post by user432

Arguable especially without evidence.

You should be leaving sufficient space to avoid a collision. The other driver shouldn't be brake checking.
Original post by user432

ive seen dash cam vids where they brake check cos they get pissed then get out their car screaming. *******s tbh

Because they are an idiot.
In the odd cases they are doing a crash for cash
Original post by IWMTom
Arguable especially without evidence.

You should be leaving sufficient space to avoid a collision. The other driver shouldn't be brake checking.

Exactly this.
This is why people have dash cams, so theres the evidence to prove who is at fault if anything happens.
Reply 9
Face plant the windscreen - haha - love it?

Brake tests are gentle and should never affect anyone else.

However if your brakes fail - now that is worth watching.
Original post by user432

Both are at fault, even though they brake checked you should be following at a safe enough distance to stop if the car ahead needs to slam on the brakes for whatever reason.
Reply 11
A brake check might be a good idea if you are being stalked or harassed by an ex who has no qualms about cutting your flexible brake pipes?
Original post by user432

Probably for money. If the person isn’t quick enough to brake, then you’ve rear ended the idiot brake checker and your most likely have to pay for the damages unless you have a dash cam to prove your innocence
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by tedibare
Probably for money. If the person isn’t quick enough to brake, then you’ve rear ended the idiot brake checker and your most likely have to pay for the damages unless you have a dash cam to prove your innocence

The dashcam would also prove that they were not leaving a proper following distance hence they couldn't stop in time.
Reply 14
yeah i guess there isnt much you can do then.

this, as well as the times when im already doing 5mph over the speed limit but the bmw/audi drivers are still on my bumper :/
Original post by user432

cuz its based lol xD 🤣

Quick Reply

Latest