The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Can I get into Glasglow uni with an access course?

I have an access course in humanities (sociology, psychology and eng lit), I'm applying for psychology at Glasglow uni and I'm unsure whether they will accept it. Ive looked at the entry requirements but I can't see anything about access courses.
Original post by e1k
I have an access course in humanities (sociology, psychology and eng lit), I'm applying for psychology at Glasglow uni and I'm unsure whether they will accept it. Ive looked at the entry requirements but I can't see anything about access courses.

I agree that this page isn't particularly clear and you would probably have to check with them directly. They seem to be inferring that they prefer their own Access courses, but whether that's exclusively they don't say.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by e1k

Hi @e1k
I teach on an Access to HE program, if this was in England then the vast majority of Uni's would be happy with an Access course (they love Access due to the advanced life experience). I would check with the admissions tutor

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Original post by e1k

I'm doing an access course at Edinburgh in humanities and social sciences, and Glasgow have said they're very interested in my application. I haven't had a response yet, but it's early days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending