Bristol law school vs Warwick law school?

Watch this thread
edithy
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Bristol law school or Warwick law school? which is a better choice?
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Both are good universities to be honest. Bristol Law is LNAT-dependent whereas Warwick Law isn’t, if you haven’t made applications yet. You could check their module options and how will they assess you for each module, if you want.
edithy
Rep:
(Original post by wifd149)
Both are good universities to be honest. Bristol Law is LNAT-dependent whereas Warwick Law isn’t, if you haven’t made applications yet. You could check their module options and how will they assess you for each module, if you want.
so just focusing on their academic strength,both of them are on the same level?
LawStudent456
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by edithy)
so just focusing on their academic strength,both of them are on the same level?
Yes.
baloneygirl
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Bristol does a bit better in the statistics on which unis top law firms like. So I'd say Bristol is slightly better academically but they're both great so i doubt it matters that much.
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Warwick is not really especially well known for law as far as I'm aware, unlike Bristol which is somewhat notable for it. Warwick is best known for maths, economics, CS, and their business school. I don't think they're really in the same echelon for law specifically.
Sm04032003
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Bristol
LawStudent456
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Warwick is not really especially well known for law as far as I'm aware, unlike Bristol which is somewhat notable for it. Warwick is best known for maths, economics, CS, and their business school. I don't think they're really in the same echelon for law specifically.
Artful is right in what he says about Warwick, a point I raised on here a few weeks ago.

But ultimately going to Warwick instead of Bristol isn’t going to be any disadvantage because they are both still top unis.

You can’t choose a uni simply because one has apparently better ‘academic strength’ (whatever that means)

PS: Aren’t you that bloke from Oliver Twist?
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by LawStudent456)
Artful is right in what he says about Warwick, a point I raised on here a few weeks ago.

But ultimately going to Warwick instead of Bristol isn’t going to be any disadvantage because they are both still top unis.

You can’t choose a uni simply because one has apparently better ‘academic strength’ (whatever that means)

PS: Aren’t you that bloke from Oliver Twist?
Depends what they want from the course - if they want to become a legal academic then going to one that is "academically stronger" would be a legitimate reason to choose the uni.

Also just because a uni is well regarded in one area doesn't necessarily imply they will be well regarded in another, from a professional perspective; Warwick grads doing well in investment banking and management consultancy doesn't imply they will also fare as well in the legal sector, and the perceived or actual quality of law grads from the uni may be different from those from Bristol (and well established law firms with large intakes would be aware of this). It's likely not a critical factor but it is something to consider and one can't simply equivocate them.

And no, that is the Artful Dodger.
edithy
Rep:
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Depends what they want from the course - if they want to become a legal academic then going to one that is "academically stronger" would be a legitimate reason to choose the uni.

Also just because a uni is well regarded in one area doesn't necessarily imply they will be well regarded in another, from a professional perspective; Warwick grads doing well in investment banking and management consultancy doesn't imply they will also fare as well in the legal sector, and the perceived or actual quality of law grads from the uni may be different from those from Bristol (and well established law firms with large intakes would be aware of this). It's likely not a critical factor but it is something to consider and one can't simply equivocate them.

And no, that is the Artful Dodger.
there is no doubt that both of them are
quite good.but I am more likely to choose Bristol if it has more advantages in the law field.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
23.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (8)
11.27%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.63%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
14.08%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
22.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
22.54%

Watched Threads