The Student Room Group

National Popcorn Day

Typically we associate popcorn with a trip to the cinema, but these days everyone has signed up to Netflix, Amazon or Disney and cinemas "almost" feel like a thing of the past...

What is your favourite thing about going to the cinema and what was the last thing you seen?
(edited 2 years ago)
The last film I watched at the cinema was Encanto and I'm very glad I did because being able to watch it on such a large screen with great quality and sound was lovely :smile:
Original post by yellowbuttercup
The last film I watched at the cinema was Encanto and I'm very glad I did because being able to watch it on such a large screen with great quality and sound was lovely :smile:

Thats still on my list and so is spiderman :wink: I love streaming services but you cant bat the cinema screen and the sound that comes with it :smile:

Steph @ ENU
I saw this and couldn't stop thinking about this song:
[video="youtube;NjxNnqTcHhg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxNnqTcHhg[/video]
The last thing I saw was The King's Man.

My favourite thing about the cinema is probably the big comfy chairs.

It does annoy me quite a bit when people are talking/giggling in the cinema though. :frown:
I last saw the new James Bond, really enjoyed it! :excited:
Everything.

I love visiting my local cinema as well. Last month right before Xmas one night we went to see a film at a local downtown cinema as a rare treat. I decided to see West Side Story. It was a great film. My personal favourite part of going to the theatre or cinema is the popcorn and the chance to really relax at night. Also the somewhat rare opportunity to have more than one glass of white wine. You can find tickets online. I like either to munch a sandwich as I sit there and watch a nice movie or eat a slice of cake after dinner too as a quick snack beforehand. West Side Story was good. I enjoyed it.
Original post by 04MR17
I saw this and couldn't stop thinking about this song:
[video="youtube;NjxNnqTcHhg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjxNnqTcHhg[/video]

This takes me back haha!
Original post by 04MR17
The last thing I saw was The King's Man.

My favourite thing about the cinema is probably the big comfy chairs.

It does annoy me quite a bit when people are talking/giggling in the cinema though. :frown:

Excellent choice!

The chairs are one of the best parts especially if you get the reclining chairs :wink:

Ive been picking earlier times for my films so its not been as busy which helps, I do miss being able to pause the film and nip out the room :frown:
Original post by flaurie

That was one that I missed as I've not been in so long but I did get to see the new Spiderman which was amazingggg!! Highly recommended!
Original post by ENUOfficial
That was one that I missed as I've not been in so long but I did get to see the new Spiderman which was amazingggg!! Highly recommended!

I saw Spiderman a couple weeks back. Really good! :biggrin:

Plus, I had popcorn with butter. :drool: The popcorn woman was super nice and put some in a separate box for my spouse (who can't eat butter) so we both had popcorn.
Original post by flaurie

Action films like this are definitely made to be played on the big screen!
Original post by tinyperson
Everything.

I love visiting my local cinema as well. Last month right before Xmas one night we went to see a film at a local downtown cinema as a rare treat. I decided to see West Side Story. It was a great film. My personal favourite part of going to the theatre or cinema is the popcorn and the chance to really relax at night. Also the somewhat rare opportunity to have more than one glass of white wine. You can find tickets online. I like either to munch a sandwich as I sit there and watch a nice movie or eat a slice of cake after dinner too as a quick snack beforehand. West Side Story was good. I enjoyed it.

Glad you had a really good time, having a drink at the cinema is a new favourite especially if you're not driving! Its always a nice experience when you dont go that often :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest