Whats your favourite Streaming Platform?

Watch this thread
ENUOfficial
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
We have so many options to watch films and series on, but whats your favourite?

Netflix, Amazon, Disney?

Do you have all of the above? Or none and prefer to subscribe to the others like Hulu and HBO Max?
Last edited by ENUOfficial; 3 months ago
Tz4ey
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
has to be Netflix. it's easy to use
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I don't have subscriptions to any streaming platforms. But if I were to choose one, it would be Netflix for the variety and new things constantly being added. At the moment Amazon is only really good for Grand Tour and Hindi films - I don't shop from Amazon much so the Prime delivery wouldn't come in useful for me. Disney+ is great too but only if you have a massive screen to watch all those big MCU and Star Wars movies in 4K and/or IMAX ratio.
ENUOfficial
Rep:
(Original post by Tz4ey)
has to be Netflix. it's easy to use
Netflix is my number one choice too, the others I use as back up haha
ENUOfficial
Rep:
(Original post by asif007)
I don't have subscriptions to any streaming platforms. But if I were to choose one, it would be Netflix for the variety and new things constantly being added. At the moment Amazon is only really good for Grand Tour and Hindi films - I don't shop from Amazon much so the Prime delivery wouldn't come in useful for me. Disney+ is great too but only if you have a massive screen to watch all those big MCU and Star Wars movies in 4K and/or IMAX ratio.
Netflix is definitely my number one choice but I have subscribed to the others as I have different preferences depending on what im in the mood to watch...a few of the Disney movies are being shown in cinema which is a great opportunity to head to the cinema so its nice to have options
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
The free ones 👍 you can find the same **** free and same quality that Amazon, Netflix etc charge eyeballs for.

TubiTV is also good for indie films, foreign films, and TV series that you can't find anywhere else because it's free due to ads instead of subscriptions. But I bet by 2023 it will charge for everything or ask for membership too.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I just use one and that is Netflix. The films and series they are offered there are fine.
Blue_Cow
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
None. Way too expensive and way too many available. Usually wait for the BBC to show it on iPlayer after a few years and get pleasantly surprised.
noelbrown
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I enjoy Disney+ a lot mainly because I'm a huge fan of MCU and Pixar so its the perfect platform for me although Netflix originals are really good too.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I only pay for Disney+ I like the majority of series and films on there and watch enough of it regularly to justify the price.
I've tried Netflix and most of the stuff isn't my cup of tea apart from a few series, which I'll only catch up on their new series when the new series of Stranger Things 4 is out
ROTL94 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
B Movies 👍
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
None. Way too expensive and way too many available. Usually wait for the BBC to show it on iPlayer after a few years and get pleasantly surprised.
Streams like Netflix have a multi-user account, that is to say one pays for five. That is the reason why this stream is for free for my account.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Now TV & Netflix
JVM2020
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Netflix!

Will probably be Disney one day
noelbrown
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Disney has got to be my favourite only because I'm a big fan of anything Pixar and Marvel so its my most used streaming service but Netflix comes close.
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
bbc i player
my parents do pay for netflix but I never find anything I'm particularly intrested in watching
Sabertooth
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hulu.

Has a lot of "adult cartoons" and also sometimes shows NHL games.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
22.97%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (9)
12.16%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.41%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
13.51%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
21.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
24.32%

Watched Threads