Piercings / body mods doing a psychology degree.

Watch this thread
charlieiluvu
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’m planning on doing a psychology degree and I have piercings and I have stretched ears. I also was planning on getting some tattoos. I am just wondering what the rules around body mods are if I was to become a therapist or go on placement.
Nerol
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by charlieiluvu)
I’m planning on doing a psychology degree and I have piercings and I have stretched ears. I also was planning on getting some tattoos. I am just wondering what the rules around body mods are if I was to become a therapist or go on placement.
As far as I'm aware, there are no set rules for the field. Different placements might have different requirements around tattoos and piercings. I've worked in a variety of settings with people with tattoos, piercings etc. Certain clinical settings may have rules in place for the sake of health and safety - for example, I worked on a secure psychiatric ward and staff were discouraged from wearing hoop earrings or having their hair down because it wasn't uncommon for patients to grab them and cause injuries. Generally speaking, though, you should be fine.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I work in a secure forensic hospital and loads of the clinical staff have piercings and tattoos, as long as they're not offensive you're probably fine. More qualified professionals may have different rules though.
charlieiluvu
Rep:
(Original post by Nerol)
As far as I'm aware, there are no set rules for the field. Different placements might have different requirements around tattoos and piercings. I've worked in a variety of settings with people with tattoos, piercings etc. Certain clinical settings may have rules in place for the sake of health and safety - for example, I worked on a secure psychiatric ward and staff were discouraged from wearing hoop earrings or having their hair down because it wasn't uncommon for patients to grab them and cause injuries. Generally speaking, though, you should be fine.
Thank you for your response , that’s really helpful to know😁
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
All good! (I even have a psychology tattoo )
charlieiluvu
Rep:
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
All good! (I even have a psychology tattoo )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (65)
19.82%
The paper was reasonable (121)
36.89%
Not feeling great about that exam... (94)
28.66%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
14.63%

Watched Threads