The Student Room Group

A level combination- HELP

I want to take English Lit at Uni, but also keep my options open to smth like law. my a level subjects are, English Lit, History and Law.
Thoughts?
Law does not require any specific subjects - just high grades so choose 3 subjects you will enjoy and where you feel confident of getting A grades. You don't need a Law A level so you might think its worth picking another essay/text subect like Sociology or Politics if that feels more do-able than Law.
Original post by McGinger
Law does not require any specific subjects - just high grades so choose 3 subjects you will enjoy and where you feel confident of getting A grades. You don't need a Law A level so you might think its worth picking another essay/text subect like Sociology or Politics if that feels more do-able than Law.

Yes but I wanna apply to a russel group uni and Law seems to be a good subject for there. The main reason I am choosing Law tho is because the opportunities which my 6th form offers for Law would stand out on my personal statement in year 12 if I took that a level
Original post by imaanali15
Yes but I wanna apply to a russel group uni and Law seems to be a good subject for there. The main reason I am choosing Law tho is because the opportunities which my 6th form offers for Law would stand out on my personal statement in year 12 if I took that a level

A Law A level will not improve your chances of getting an offer for Law at Uni.
If the Uni doesnt specify any required subjects then there is no preference - and Unis have to be up-front about this, there are no sectrts and no 'information that only some people know'.

What they want to see is high A level grade predictions and a well written PS - ie. an interest in Law well beyond the A level syllabus.
Original post by McGinger
A Law A level will not improve your chances of getting an offer for Law at Uni.
If the Uni doesnt specify any required subjects then there is no preference - and Unis have to be up-front about this, there are no sectrts and no 'information that only some people know'.

What they want to see is high A level grade predictions and a well written PS - ie. an interest in Law well beyond the A level syllabus.

I have acknowledged that Law a-level won't give me an advantage for receiving offers, but the opportunities given at my 6th form (King Ed's) are fantastic for my UCAS application (ik i'm thinking ahead atp). There aren't any required a-levels to pursue either so I had a look at an a-level Law past paper, from the same exam board as my 6th form and it seems to be a relatively easier subject than most. I was just a bit doubtful because everybody whom I personally know studying Law at a Russel Group Uni, chose maths/physics A level alongside 2 essay based subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending