Philosophy A-level with sciences

Watch this thread
_tiana
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I applied to college with Chemistry, Biology and Psychology, however I am unsure on changing either Biology or psychology to philosophy..?I pick up on essay subject quickly and have really enjoyed RE and History GCSE so far but am planning on doing a Chemistry/Biochemistry/Pharmacology degree so don't know if it would be "useless".
just looks like a lot of fun tbh and would add some mixture to my subjects :/
Last edited by _tiana; 3 months ago
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by _tiana)
I applied to college with Chemistry, Biology and Psychology, however I am unsure on changing either Biology or psychology to philosophy..?I pick up on essay subject quickly and have really enjoyed RE and History GCSE so far but am planning on doing a Chemistry/Biochemistry/Pharmacology degree so don't know if it would be "useless".
just looks like a lot of fun tbh and would add some mixture to my subjects :/
Hi! What are the prerequisites for the degree courses you're interested in? MP
_tiana
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
Hi! What are the prerequisites for the degree courses you're interested in? MP
A majority just say "Chemistry and one other science". Very few have maths as a compulsory a level. However I'm aware of the benefits of doing 3 sciences/maths as some unis (e.g. bath) will give contextual offers if you do 3 x
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Usually a 3rd subject can be any other subject - check carefully - so go for the subject you will enjot the most and where you feel confident of that all important 3rd high grade. Also check any Maths GCSE requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise