C-----------A------------B

What is the displacement from:

A to B,
B to A
A to C,
also can you explain why.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
The displacement between A and B is the distance between them, and it would be in the positive direction, whilst the displacement between B and A is the distance between B and A, but it has a negative direction. Did you mean to include any numbers, or vectors in your question?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by IJaguar
The displacement between A and B is the distance between them, and it would be in the positive direction, whilst the displacement between B and A is the distance between B and A, but it has a negative direction. Did you mean to include any numbers, or vectors in your question?

I just checked the answers, these are the results:
A to B: Positive Displacement
B to A: Positive Displacement
A to C: Negative Displacement

I just don't understand what determines whether it is positive or negative
Reply 3
Original post by Iggnhfgunn
I just checked the answers, these are the results:
A to B: Positive Displacement
B to A: Positive Displacement
A to C: Negative Displacement

I just don't understand what determines whether it is positive or negative

I'm also confused now, I don't understand how A to B can be a positive displacement, whilst B to A is also a positive displacement. Are you sure the answers are correct?
B to A is negative brudda
Reply 5
Original post by YungLordRaf
B to A is negative brudda

Not according to the Answers in the back of the book and on Solution Bank Brudda
Reply 6
Not according to the Answers in the back of the book and on Solution Bank Brudda

As IJaguar said, both A->B and B->A cannot be positive. The latter must be a typo in the book, its negative.
(edited 2 years ago)

stfu
Reply 8
Many eons ago, I made these slides with a basic intro to vectors. Maybe they'll be of use to you OP.

If A to B is postive then B to A must be negative - either the question has an eroor or the answer is wrong.

Quick Reply