Is college for people unable to get into sixth form?

Watch this thread
concernedLMAO
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Discuss
Laurenalexa.x
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
No. Some people just want to go to a college because they typically offer a wider variety of courses. Or some people had a sixth form attached to their high school and wanted to get away from that school. There's plenty of potential reasons besides being "unable to get in."
annonnymous16
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
sixth forms and college both provide very different courses and environments. for example the sixth form I've got in to is on a secondary school site, and only has about 125 sixth formers, whereas a college would have an awful lot more. so it's just personal choice. personally I prefer sixth forms as they are smaller, so have smaller classes but some people do better with larger classes and being separated from a secondary school
Emma:-)
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Laurenalexa.x)
No. Some people just want to go to a college because they typically offer a wider variety of courses. Or some people had a sixth form attached to their high school and wanted to get away from that school. There's plenty of potential reasons besides being "unable to get in."
My thoughts exactly.
Colleges offer loads of courses that you would not get at a 6th form- such as plumbing, electrician courses, bricklaying, plastering, painting and deorating, childcare (and similar courses), various care type courses, hairdressing, beauty courses etc etc etc.
Plus people may want to stay at the same school and go to the 6th form as they may want to stay at the same school.
Emma:-)
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I swear there was a similar thread to this recently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
34.83%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.73%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.11%

Watched Threads