The Student Room Group

Getting over an ex

I’m struggling to get over an ex who dumped me. I’ve been told too not think about her at all or the good times. Anybody else done this ? It sounds difficult
Original post by jordanddavies222
I’m struggling to get over an ex who dumped me. I’ve been told too not think about her at all or the good times. Anybody else done this ? It sounds difficult

I’ve done this and trust me you’ll hurt for awhile though you’ll get better. I got out of a toxic relationship myself with my ex girlfriend who just was in the relationship to use me for my naivety, polite and kind nature, wealth and gold digged me even though I gave her luxury valuables and assets as a gesture to show how much she meant to me and cheated on me by speaking to other boys, replying and opening their messages. She even bought something up as serious as marriage and wanting to start a family in the future together as a bait within the relationship to get her way. Been 20 days since we last spoke and she is a ghost 👻 to me that’s non existent and dead and was my ex who was two faced, foul mouthed and toxic even when I first said when we were in a relationship I would do everything to keep her happy and to not play with her feelings like her ex yet she did with mine and does not look back with regret or guilt. :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve done this and trust me you’ll hurt for awhile though you’ll get better. I got out of a toxic relationship myself with my ex girlfriend who just was in the relationship to use me for my naivety, polite and kind nature, wealth and gold digged me even though I gave her luxury valuables and assets as a gesture to show how much she meant to me and cheated on me by speaking to other boys, replying and opening their messages. She even bought something up as serious as marriage and wanting to start a family in the future together as a bait within the relationship to get her way. Been 20 days since we last spoke and she is a ghost 👻 to me that’s non existent and dead and was my ex who was two faced, foul mouthed and toxic even when I first said when we were in a relationship I would do everything to keep her happy and to not play with her feelings like her ex yet she did with mine and does not look back with regret or guilt. :s-smilie:

I’m really struggling I hate thought of her with other guys etc it’s been a month now but I’ve still been in contact with her
I’m really struggling I hate thought of her with other guys etc it’s been a month now but I’ve still been in contact with her

Come on bro your a champion you can do it man. Everyone takes time to adapt not going to lie breakups hurt but you will heal I’ve even experienced my first breakup though for me I had to go and leave as I explained to you because my ex girlfriend was just selfish, two faced, toxic and took advantage of me with the only mistake I made was offering my valuable time and effort to someone who would deserve me and actually make the effort to pursue a relationship. I was in the same position as you though I was like I had to let it go… been 20 days tomorrow it’ll be 3 weeks no contact, no meet/link up no nothing almost a month if I can do a month I can do forever. I manned myself up and I know further down the road I’ll find someone better not now anyways ahahahahaha lol because I have no trust in a girl after what my ex did but eventually when I do decide to pursue a relationship next with the right girl I believe I will. If she broke up with you I can be able to understand contact if it’s friend to friend but my advice and tip is for feelings to stop re-emerge and develop again and that’s in a good sense for the best of you best for you to move on because you weren’t the one to break it up bro it was your girlfriend init… :smile: I believe in you brother you can do it!!!! Stay strong and you’ll heal 👍🙌👏🤜🤛🤙💪.
Reply 4

you said further down that its only been a month, and i think that time heals all wounds, or helps at least, and that therefore you do need time, more time, and that you can not get over a relationship in a month. trying not to think about her is good advice, but easier said than done, especially as trying not to think about something can lead to actually thinking about the thing more.
i would also advise trying to get into a new hobby, or furthering a previous one, be it art, sports or anything else. also, for me writing about what i'm feeling is quite therapeutic and helps me sort out my emotions. but the first step is acknowledging and accepting how you're feeling, accepting that you aren't over her and that's okay. growth takes time, but when you acknowledge the full situation its easier. i promise that you will get over her, and that each day will get a little easier until you realise that its done. good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest