Please help - Urgent - Economics 2022 Entry Advice

Watch this thread
rebkatelyn1
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am applying for economics 2022 entry - however, my predicted grades are:

Maths (A), Further Maths (A), Economics (B).

However, I do have good GCSEs (4 9s, 4 8s, 2 7s and 1 6), and a strong personal statement. The issue is that with AAB, my choices for applying are very limited as most unis are AAA-A*AA. Do you know which unis will accept lower predicted grades? And if any with higher requirements still may accept AAB predicted. I do believe I can do better in the actual exams.

Please does anyone have any recommendations for where to apply?
I will probably do Southampton & City University as safe options but would like to apply for some higher unis as well? Considering Queen Mary's or Manchester as well - any tips? Would appreciate any help.
elpapaki
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rebkatelyn1)

However, I do have good GCSEs (4 9s, 4 8s, 2 7s and 1 6), and a strong personal statement. The issue is that with AAB, my choices for applying are very limited as most unis are AAA-A*AA. Do you know which unis will accept lower predicted grades? And if any with higher requirements still may accept AAB predicted. I do believe I can do better in the actual exams.

I will probably do Southampton & City University as safe options but would like to apply for some higher unis as well? Considering Queen Mary's or Manchester as well - any tips? Would appreciate any help.
Hello, I was really in the same position as you two months ago...I applied for bsc economics at Warwick.My predicted grades were A*AAAA.The requirement for the course in A*A*A...They straightforward rejected me due to the fact that I did not meet the requirements.I don't know if that is the case with all unis though...Best of luck!!
elpapaki
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by elpapaki)
Hello, I was really in the same position as you two months ago...I applied for bsc economics at Warwick.My predicted grades were A*AAAA.The requirement for the course in A*A*A...They straightforward rejected me due to the fact that I did not meet the requirements.I don't know if that is the case with all unis though...Best of luck!

Please consider unis that you meet the minimum requirements
Cesrab60
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

My DD has put Cardiff as her insurance. AAB/ABB. It's a very good uni.
BenRyan99
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Cesrab60)
My DD has put Cardiff as her insurance. AAB/ABB. It's a very good uni.
If by very good uni you mean for maybe top 30 in the UK for economics then sure.

Imo there's better unis you can be looking at. Durham have an AAB finance course (not Econ ik). Places like Southampton, Manchester, Sheffield would be better, QMUL has higher entry requirements afaik. If you're interested in more than just economics then economics joint honours courses tend to have significantly lower entry requirements which can be an option too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
34.64%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (29)
16.2%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.06%

Watched Threads