Need tips for my personal statement

Watch this thread
zknell
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Last edited by zknell; 3 months ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zknell)
Hi

I can see that you edited your post but I can see the post history (not everyone can) and it appears that it was already cached by Google, so I'm afraid you're going to have to do a complete rewrite, otherwise it will come up in plagiarism detection, and it is very difficult to prove that it was yours.

Interrobang
zknell
Rep:
(Original post by Interrobang)
Hi

I can see that you edited your post but I can see the post history (not everyone can) and it appears that it was already cached by Google, so I'm afraid you're going to have to do a complete rewrite, otherwise it will come up in plagiarism detection, and it is very difficult to prove that it was yours.

Interrobang
do they check the source on the tests and actually look at them? if so could I just add some info to prove that its me?
Interrobang
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
do they check the source on the tests and actually look at them? if so could I just add some info to prove that its me?
Ucas share the similarity report with the unis and it is up to them to decide what they do. TSR suggests that if you post any of your PS online to completely rewrite it as it is difficult to prove it is your own work
zknell
Rep:
do they share the sources with the unis too?
Interrobang
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I'm afraid I don't know (PQ or Admit-One any idea?}
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
From memory, they just give the % match. PQ might have seen a report more recently than me though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
34.64%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (29)
16.2%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.06%

Watched Threads