Uni application after a firm and insurance choice has been made

Watch this thread
Ritchie175276
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have this mate who has selected his firm and insurance choice, he has since regretted accepting these and wants to apply Uni of Lincoln instead. Unfortunately he has gone through the UCAS process to the point where he is not able to change his choices.

I was wondering if he would be able to apply to the University of Lincoln directly or is he stuck with his firm and insurance choices made on UCAS. He accepted the firm and insurance 7-14 days ago.

University of Lincoln would there be a chance of him applying directly for 2022?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
If he waits until February and then contacts ucas to ask to change his replies to decline all his offers then he’ll be able to use ucas extra to apply for a new choice.

But it’s important to check if his chosen course is accepting extra applications first.

Universities are forbidden by their contract with ucas to accept direct applications from people who also have a ucas application
Last edited by PQ; 3 months ago
UniOfLincolnStudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ritchie175276)
I have this mate who has selected his firm and insurance choice, he has since regretted accepting these and wants to apply Uni of Lincoln instead. Unfortunately he has gone through the UCAS process to the point where he is not able to change his choices.

I was wondering if he would be able to apply to the University of Lincoln directly or is he stuck with his firm and insurance choices made on UCAS. He accepted the firm and insurance 7-14 days ago.

University of Lincoln would there be a chance of him applying directly for 2022?
Hi Ritchie175276

Many thanks for your message. It is great to hear that your mate is interested in applying to the Uni of Lincoln but I understand the complex situation he is in. I think it is best if your mate emails: [email protected] so that our team can best advise.

Kind regards
Joe
3rd Year Medicine BMBS
Ritchie175276
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent)
Hi Ritchie175276

Many thanks for your message. It is great to hear that your mate is interested in applying to the Uni of Lincoln but I understand the complex situation he is in. I think it is best if your mate emails: [email protected] so that our team can best advise.

Kind regards
Joe
3rd Year Medicine BMBS
Thanks for getting back to me, ill let him know and hopefully it can be sorted out

(Original post by PQ)
If he waits until February and then contacts ucas to ask to change his replies to decline all his offers then he’ll be able to use ucas extra to apply for a new choice.

But it’s important to check if his chosen course is accepting extra applications first.

Universities are forbidden by their contract with ucas to accept direct applications from people who also have a ucas application
Cheers for the idea, this may be a good backup if option 1 doesnt work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.44%
The paper was reasonable (133)
36.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
29.17%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.44%

Watched Threads