My manager won’t let me change from full time to part time

Watch this thread
Pavy27
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’m currently working full time, I’m also doing full time distance learning university course. I’m kind of struggling with as I’m working full time. I asked my manager and He said “ not now, we need you”.
dbhc2411
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Pavy27)
I’m currently working full time, I’m also doing full time distance learning university course. I’m kind of struggling with as I’m working full time. I asked my manager and He said “ not now, we need you”.
That's fair enough though - working and studying full time is a recipe for burnout. Perhaps you can have a discussion about your working hours? Maybe doing a 4-day 37-40 hour week would suit you better?
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Pavy27)
I'd advise letting him know that he has two choices: 1) he gives you less hours or 2) you quit and find another job. If he won't do the former, you do the latter. Problem solved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (54)
19.08%
The paper was reasonable (105)
37.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (82)
28.98%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
14.84%

Watched Threads