Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey guys,
I’m having a really hard time choosing between these universities:
Greenwich
Roehampton
Middlesex
London Met
Regent’s
Which one would you choose in terms of academics/social life/ area/ distance from central London?
lalenemalik1998
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hey,

It almost sounds you like chose the same uni more or less as me haha.

In terms of choosing it all depends on what course you're doing? What course did you choose?

I am currently an MA student at Roehampton student and I would highly go for Roehampton as social life and distance is DEFINITELY not far from central London- takes about 40 minutes to get there. in terms of academics, there are various support that you can receive for academic needs.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lalenemalik1998)
Hey,

It almost sounds you like chose the same uni more or less as me haha.

In terms of choosing it all depends on what course you're doing? What course did you choose?

I am currently an MA student at Roehampton student and I would highly go for Roehampton as social life and distance is DEFINITELY not far from central London- takes about 40 minutes to get there. in terms of academics, there are various support that you can receive for academic needs.
Hey!
My course is Psychology.
I’m highly in doubt between Greenwich and Roehampton
Greenwich has a beautiful campus but I fear it’s too far from the centre and might take too long to get there
And Roehampton is closer to the central area, just not sure about the area of Roehampton itself, if it’s safe, etc..
Now I don’t know which one I should choose. Which one of both do you think is more known, or will give me a better “advantage” for a job?
lalenemalik1998
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey!
My course is Psychology.
I’m highly in doubt between Greenwich and Roehampton
Greenwich has a beautiful campus but I fear it’s too far from the centre and might take too long to get there
And Roehampton is closer to the central area, just not sure about the area of Roehampton itself, if it’s safe, etc..
Now I don’t know which one I should choose. Which one of both do you think is more known, or will give me a better “advantage” for a job?
Hey!

I actually applied for both Greenwich and Roehampton too when i applied for universities.
Psychology at Roehampton is really well-known as two of my friends graduated from there and are now working within the NHS sectors
Anonymous #1
Hey!

I actually applied for both Greenwich and Roehampton too when i applied for universities.
Psychology at Roehampton is really well-known as two of my friends graduated from there and are now working within the NHS sectors
Thank you so much, that helps a lot!!!
Realcocobrownin
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’ve seen a lot of bad reviews on google about the lectures and lack of help. One also commented unless your a straight A student you won’t get very far. Is this true? What’s your opinion? I wanted to do business and marketing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Realcocobrownin)
I’ve seen a lot of bad reviews on google about the lectures and lack of help. One also commented unless your a straight A student you won’t get very far. Is this true? What’s your opinion? I wanted to do business and marketing.
Do you mean at Roehampton?
Middlesex University
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey guys,
I’m having a really hard time choosing between these universities:
Greenwich
Roehampton
Middlesex
London Met
Regent’s
Which one would you choose in terms of academics/social life/ area/ distance from central London?
Hello
Thank you for you registering your interest to study at Middlesex University. I understand how difficult it is to decide which university to study at I would recommend comparing information from different universities through the national student survey results here https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk...nt-survey-nss/
As for social life we are 20 minuets away from central London by tube as well as being 45 minuets away from Wembley Designer outlet and having over 90 student groups within MDXSU from film to snow sports you can make one if there isn't one that suits your interests.
I would also recommend talking to students who study on the course you are interested in here https://www.mdx.ac.uk/student-life/chat-with-students
I hope this helps if you have any more questions feel free to message me.
lalenemalik1998
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
which uni are you talking about?
Realcocobrownin
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yes
Realcocobrownin
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
which uni are you talking about?
Roehampton
lalenemalik1998
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Roehampton
whoever said that 'unless your straight A student you won’t get very far.' to you, they are wrong. Im not a straight A student and I did a BTEC, came out with pretty good result for my bachelors at roehampton and now I'm doing MA at the same uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (17)
23.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (8)
11.27%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
5.63%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (10)
14.08%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (16)
22.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
22.54%

Watched Threads