Glasgow caledonian university applicants Optometry

Watch this thread
Marh1
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi has anyone applied to GCU Optometry 4 year degree who is not a Scottish student or an overseas student and has been made an offer please?
Last edited by Marh1; 3 months ago
uzi__
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Marh1)
Hi has anyone applied to GCU Optometry 4 year degree who is not a Scottish student or an overseas student and has been made an offer please?
Hi, I'm an EU student I applied to GCU optometry as well, but still waiting for an interview invitation. What about you?
Marh1
Rep:
Hi good luck with your application. Applied 2 weeks ago not had an offer but hoping I will hear soon. I asked if the Optometry department do interviews they said no.
uzi__
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Marh1)
Hi good luck with your application. Applied 2 weeks ago not had an offer but hoping I will hear soon. I asked if the Optometry department do interviews they said no.
Hi good luck with your application too. I didn't know that they don't make Interviews, I was preparing for it at the moment just in case because I know that the other universities do😮 So they will only send offers?
Marh1
Rep:
I've been told offers only, fingers crossed we're successful, good luck
uzi__
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Marh1)
I've been told offers only, fingers crossed we're successful, good luck
Thank you! Good luck to you too! xx
I see some people are receiving offers from Cardiff, Manchester unis, hopefully we'll receive ASAP as well.
Marh1
Rep:
(Original post by uzi__)
Thank you! Good luck to you too! xx
I see some people are receiving offers from Cardiff, Manchester unis, hopefully we'll receive ASAP as well.
Yes offers seem to be going out from various unis now, just had offers for Bradford and UWE. Have you applied to these too? Are you a Scottish student I'm an English student
uzi__
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Marh1)
Yes offers seem to be going out from various unis now, just had offers for Bradford and UWE. Have you applied to these too? Are you a Scottish student I'm an English student
I applied for dentistry and dental hygiene and therapy and only GCU for Optometry. I'm an EU student, I'm living in Scotland since 2020.
Marh1
Rep:
(Original post by uzi__)
I applied for dentistry and dental hygiene and therapy and only GCU for Optometry. I'm an EU student, I'm living in Scotland since 2020.
Oh yes sorry you'd already mentioned you were an EU student. Soon as I hear from,GCU I'll let you know.
Which is your preferred degree dentistry or optometry?
I've only applied for optometry
uzi__
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Marh1)
Oh yes sorry you'd already mentioned you were an EU student. Soon as I hear from,GCU I'll let you know.
Which is your preferred degree dentistry or optometry?
I've only applied for optometry
Unfortunately I was rejected for dentistry,
but I'm still waiting for dental hygiene and therapy and optometry. I'll let you know as well if I receive something. xx
Marh1
Rep:
(Original post by uzi__)
but I'm still waiting for dental hygiene and therapy and optometry. I'll let you know as well if I receive something. xx
Dentistry is very competitive I've heard, but good luck with optometry and dental hygiene
Marh1
Rep:
(Original post by uzi__)
Great thanks, I'll let you know when I get a decision too
Marh1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by uzi__)
I've just had my offer from GCU
uzi__
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Marh1)
I've just had my offer from GCU
Hey Congrats! I received an email and they want to send them my qualifications translated. So this is what I'm going to do now. Hopefully I will receive an offer as well.
Last edited by uzi__; 2 months ago
Marh1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by uzi__)
Hey Congrats! I received an email and they want to send them my qualifications translated. So this is what I'm going to do now. Hopefully I will receive an offer as well.
Fingers crossed for you
uzi__
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi
Anyone who is going to be registered in General optical council at GCU? When we have to do it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
21.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
17.39%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
8.7%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
26.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
21.74%

Watched Threads