Feeling hopeless about my gap year

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Looking for some guidance right now. I took a gap year after my A Levels because I was not in a good place mentally at the time of uni applications and I was worried about covid impacting university. I told myself I would get a job and work on myself so I could get through uni. It’s now the 21st of January and I’m due to start in September, I haven’t found the motivation to get a job. I’m only just starting to look now and my mental state is still deteriorating. Covid has ruined most of my plans aside from working and any chances of professional help. Is it too late to start working now and does anyone have any advice around this topic?
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Looking for some guidance right now. I took a gap year after my A Levels because I was not in a good place mentally at the time of uni applications and I was worried about covid impacting university. I told myself I would get a job and work on myself so I could get through uni. It’s now the 21st of January and I’m due to start in September, I haven’t found the motivation to get a job. I’m only just starting to look now and my mental state is still deteriorating. Covid has ruined most of my plans aside from working and any chances of professional help. Is it too late to start working now and does anyone have any advice around this topic?
Hi, could you talk to your GP? I'm sorry your mental health is in a difficult place. You can also self-refer to NHS mental health VIA the NHS website. If getting a job is difficult, why don't you try something like being a babysitter, or dog walking? It's easier and fits around your timings
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads