why aren't the tsr servers so spiffy?

Watch this thread
zuluwarrior7650
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Its draining my brain juices, srs answer pls.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zuluwarrior7650)
Its draining my brain juices, srs answer pls.
An oxymoron if I've ever seen one.
zuluwarrior7650
Rep:
(Original post by gtty123)
An oxymoron if I've ever seen one.
Fr tho i need answers, not oxes
username5794123
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Because most threads are centred around relationship trolls now.
zuluwarrior7650
Rep:
(Original post by 0ptics)
Im on about the servers, the site doesnt work sometimes
username5794123
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh, right, I misread the title. No idea tbh. It’s probably the wifi..? :dontknow:
Icy Wolf
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yea I got a 503 from the "new questions" page yesterday, so maybe it's just server maintainence, or perhaps they're low on funding.
Last edited by Icy Wolf; 3 months ago
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh, right, I misread the title. No idea tbh. It’s probably the wifi..? :dontknow:
the shadeeee
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’ve seen a change in strategy now, we’ve had many weight issue threads recently of questionable intention.

I think the TSR servers are just generally very old and in need of an update, but I’m the least techy person on this website so I don’t really have a clue why.
wifd149
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Yeah, they’re quite old. I genuinely don’t want TSR to fade away into oblivion though, it would be sad if it was due to a lack of funding.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It's not necessarily just the servers. TSR is quite an old version of vBulletin which has been suped up and modded beyond all recognition. It's kind of like a PS2 that is somehow running Warzone.

I would guess that the problems are the same old same old - TSR is yesterday's social media run on yesterday's software and is somehow still clinging to life. They've tried absolutely everything to try and monetize the site and the only thing that works is selling a fifth of the screen to google ads- and because traffic isn't what it was, there isn't the revenue or the willpower to migrate to something new. I would suspect that they're scared of doing so in case they invest heavily and the TSR just fails.

On those servers, tho - there's too much junk clogging up the forums due to poor management. They closed MHoC angering a whole bunch of people and made some lame excuses, and yet they have hundreds of pictures of Ainsley Harriot and other pointless spam games. That's all space on the servers just being wasted.
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
It's not necessarily just the servers. TSR is quite an old version of vBulletin which has been suped up and modded beyond all recognition. It's kind of like a PS2 that is somehow running Warzone.

I would guess that the problems are the same old same old - TSR is yesterday's social media run on yesterday's software and is somehow still clinging to life. They've tried absolutely everything to try and monetize the site and the only thing that works is selling a fifth of the screen to google ads- and because traffic isn't what it was, there isn't the revenue or the willpower to migrate to something new. I would suspect that they're scared of doing so in case they invest heavily and the TSR just fails.

On those servers, tho - there's too much junk clogging up the forums due to poor management. They closed MHoC angering a whole bunch of people and made some lame excuses, and yet they have hundreds of pictures of Ainsley Harriot and other pointless spam games. That's all space on the servers just being wasted.
Rufus The Red fish finger fan
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Fr tho i need answers, not oxes
Oxes?
fish finger fan
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Ainsley is not a waste of space :mob:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (134)
43.23%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.42%
No (122)
39.35%

Watched Threads