The Student Room Group

Entry requirements for international graduate

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone could provide some further information on how medical schools determine the equivalency of international degrees.

In summary I am interested in making a career change to medicine and following some research noted that there are a few medical schools that list a degree in any discipline in their entry requirements for either GEM or the relevant undergraduate course.

I achieved a BCom degree with Honours in South Africa and have been working in finance for almost 10 years. UK ENIC have confirmed that my degree is equivalent to a UK Honours degree but what they are unable to provide is an indication of what performance would be considered equivalent to a 2:1 etc. I am hoping that someone could potentially shed some light on how the academic performance of my degree will be measured (e.g. will it be the average performance over the full four years of studies or another method?) (Note: the standard study period for undergraduate degree with Honours in SA is four years).

I suspect that each medical school might measure my degree differently but any information covering SGUL, University of Southampton, Newcastle University or Warwick Medical School will be appreciated. Not sure if this might change anything but I do qualify as a "Home" student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending