Degree Apprenticeship (DTS) Contract

Watch this thread
*T_H*
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i recently had an interview for a digital and technology solutions apprenticeship which i feel went well. i will be informed of the decision sometime next week but what was mentioned at the end of our conversation was that there is a term in the contract stating that if i fail to complete the whole apprenticeship, i will owe the company a large sum which is to cover the costs of the business for hiring me as an apprentice. seen as though the company in question is relatively small, apprenticeship training (university training) is a cost covered by the government, and the business also receives a grant for hiring an apprentice. so as far as im aware, there is no cost of hiring an apprentice so there is no need for such a clause in the contract
user432
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
only thing i can think of is say you were to drop out, perhaps the gvt may ask for a portion of the grant as they won't be using all of it as you won't be there for the entire duration? apart from that just looks like a red flag.
username5111366
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
That is definitely a red flag. I recommend emailing someone from the recruiting team regarding that section. I have heard stories of people having to pay back the money spent on them during the Apprenticeship if they drop out but i highly suggest that before signing this contract, think very hard to make sure that you are confident you will be able to complete the scheme.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (142)
42.77%
Not yet, but I will soon (59)
17.77%
No (131)
39.46%

Watched Threads