The Student Room Group

Ticket full of mistakes

Odd one - and before people slate me telling me to pay & not speed or whatnot, be quiet before you start, I likely will pay up tomorrow, but I'd like to know my options as anyone who wouldn't look into these mistakes is outright stupid.

I got pulled over on the M5 well over a month ago (dec. 4th), for speeding and was told I'd be sent a letter with my consequences.

Upon receiving the letter, the issue date was exactly 47 days after the alledged offence.

My first name is not correct.
My vehicle registration is not correct.

Does anyone know where I stand here? I know they only have 14 days if caught by a camera but I getting pulled over is different - hence my post.

Cheers
Reply 1
pay and dont speed or whatnot
Reply 2
Original post by tylinf
Odd one - and before people slate me telling me to pay & not speed or whatnot, be quiet before you start, I likely will pay up tomorrow, but I'd like to know my options as anyone who wouldn't look into these mistakes is outright stupid.

I got pulled over on the M5 well over a month ago (dec. 4th), for speeding and was told I'd be sent a letter with my consequences.

Upon receiving the letter, the issue date was exactly 47 days after the alledged offence.

Does anyone know where I stand here? I know they only have 14 days if caught by a camera but I getting pulled over is different - hence my post.

Cheers

Were you issued with a TOR and/or a verbal NIP by the officer?
Reply 3
Original post by IWMTom
Were you issued with a TOR and/or a verbal NIP by the officer?

Ey up, I managed to find more info and realised the slip I received during the stop replaces the notice that would otherwise be served within 14 days, so all paid and sorted now :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by tylinf
Ey up, I managed to find more info and realised the slip I received during the stop replaces the notice that would otherwise be served within 14 days, so all paid and sorted now :smile:

Yup that's what I was getting at :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by tylinf

Cheers

Don't pay it I haven't paid a single ticket since 86'
Reply 6
Original post by kazzers

:facepalm:
Reply 7
Original post by kazzers

Even if it was true It wouldn't be worth the risk - I was stupid enough to go that fast in the first place but not worth risking any more points or fines when my income relies on me having a license!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending