Ticket full of mistakes

Watch this thread
tylinf
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Odd one - and before people slate me telling me to pay & not speed or whatnot, be quiet before you start, I likely will pay up tomorrow, but I'd like to know my options as anyone who wouldn't look into these mistakes is outright stupid.

I got pulled over on the M5 well over a month ago (dec. 4th), for speeding and was told I'd be sent a letter with my consequences.

Upon receiving the letter, the issue date was exactly 47 days after the alledged offence.

My first name is not correct.
My vehicle registration is not correct.

Does anyone know where I stand here? I know they only have 14 days if caught by a camera but I getting pulled over is different - hence my post.

Cheers
user432
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
pay and dont speed or whatnot
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by tylinf)
Odd one - and before people slate me telling me to pay & not speed or whatnot, be quiet before you start, I likely will pay up tomorrow, but I'd like to know my options as anyone who wouldn't look into these mistakes is outright stupid.

I got pulled over on the M5 well over a month ago (dec. 4th), for speeding and was told I'd be sent a letter with my consequences.

Upon receiving the letter, the issue date was exactly 47 days after the alledged offence.

Does anyone know where I stand here? I know they only have 14 days if caught by a camera but I getting pulled over is different - hence my post.

Cheers
Were you issued with a TOR and/or a verbal NIP by the officer?
tylinf
Rep:
(Original post by IWMTom)
Were you issued with a TOR and/or a verbal NIP by the officer?
Ey up, I managed to find more info and realised the slip I received during the stop replaces the notice that would otherwise be served within 14 days, so all paid and sorted now
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Ey up, I managed to find more info and realised the slip I received during the stop replaces the notice that would otherwise be served within 14 days, so all paid and sorted now
Yup that's what I was getting at
kazzers
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Cheers
Don't pay it I haven't paid a single ticket since 86'
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by kazzers)
:facepalm:
tylinf
Rep:
(Original post by kazzers)
Even if it was true It wouldn't be worth the risk - I was stupid enough to go that fast in the first place but not worth risking any more points or fines when my income relies on me having a license!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.73%
Not yet, but I will soon (68)
18.43%
No (147)
39.84%

Watched Threads