Is it alright to withdraw from all my offers but my firm choice?

Watch this thread
Andacity
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Heya! I (luckily) was able to get an offer from my first choice of university (they were the first ones to offer me a place too), would it be alright for me to withdraw from my other choices? I don't really want to go through the stress and trouble of interviewing with them if I have no intention of going there, let alone worrying about getting a place with them. I've currently got two of my other places asking for an interview and the other two have asked for/have my portfolio and I'm waiting for a response. I probably won't withdraw from them straight away because it's not that urgent, I'm just wondering if it's a normal thing to do? Hopefully that makes sense, thank you!
Wonkagenius
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hey what course are you applying for? Idk how to answer your query, but i am just curious to know which course interviews all their applicants AND gives them offers that quickly.
Andacity
Rep:
(Original post by Wonkagenius)
Hey what course are you applying for? Idk how to answer your query, but i am just curious to know which course interviews all their applicants AND gives them offers that quickly.
Animation! I actually didn't have to be interviewed for the uni I ended up accepting which was surprising, they just looked at my portfolio. I know one of my friends got accepted into a similar course solely from their personal statement as well.
meddad
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Andacity)
Heya! I (luckily) was able to get an offer from my first choice of university (they were the first ones to offer me a place too), would it be alright for me to withdraw from my other choices? I don't really want to go through the stress and trouble of interviewing with them if I have no intention of going there, let alone worrying about getting a place with them. I've currently got two of my other places asking for an interview and the other two have asked for/have my portfolio and I'm waiting for a response. I probably won't withdraw from them straight away because it's not that urgent, I'm just wondering if it's a normal thing to do? Hopefully that makes sense, thank you!
If your offer is unconditional then that's fine. If it depends on you achieving specific grades then you may want another offer with lower grade requirements as your insurance choice.
Andacity
Rep:
(Original post by meddad)
If your offer is unconditional then that's fine. If it depends on you achieving specific grades then you may want another offer with lower grade requirements as your insurance choice.
My offer is conditional, but I need a merit/120 points to be able to get in. All of my choices are competitive universities so I doubt that their conditions would be lower than the one I currently have.
meddad
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
My offer is conditional, but I need a merit/120 points to be able to get in. All of my choices are competitive universities so I doubt that their conditions would be lower than the one I currently have.
If you're 100% sure you won't be accepting offers from the other Uni's then it's fine to withdraw. It saves wasting your time, but it also prevents them wasting their time considering your application too. It may even mean somebody else gets an interview who otherwise wouldn't have done.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
What precisely do you gain from taking such drastic action so early?
Andacity
Rep:
(Original post by ageshallnot)
What precisely do you gain from taking such drastic action so early?
Wouldn't exactly gain anything, I just kinda want to get it out of the way. I 100% know I want to go to my top choice and won't be changing my mind, so I don't see the point in having the other options if I'm not going to go to them.
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Wouldn't exactly gain anything, I just kinda want to get it out of the way. I 100% know I want to go to my top choice and won't be changing my mind, so I don't see the point in having the other options if I'm not going to go to them.
What happens if you don't get the required merit?
Andacity
Rep:
(Original post by ageshallnot)
What happens if you don't get the required merit?
Considering the fact I'm currently working at a distinction I'd like to have faith in myself that I can get that merit
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Considering the fact I'm currently working at a distinction I'd like to have faith in myself that I can get that merit
Fair enough. As long as you're happy that if something goes disastrously wrong or something happens that causes you to change your mind then your fallback is clearing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (133)
43.32%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.59%
No (120)
39.09%

Watched Threads