Workout Routines

Watch this thread
rawrspamz
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So, does anyone have any workout routines that can help the stomach get smaller? I've gained a bit of stomach the past week and I don't know any type of workout that I can do daily to get rid of it?
Any tips.?
fitness315
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
HIIT workouts helped me a lot, you can find circuits online and do them at home or the gym
rawrspamz
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by fitness315)
HIIT workouts helped me a lot, you can find circuits online and do them at home or the gym
Thank you! I'll check it out!
Kyri
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
A few things...

You don't gain significant amounts of stomach fat in a week. When you say, you gained a stomach, this is probably bloating because you ate a lot in a small amount of time. Like, you have to eat an excess of 7,700 calories over your mainteance to gain a kilo of fat in a week, and even if you did, it wouldn't all go to your stomach. The bloating will go away in a few days if you just start eating normally again.

And to get rid of any stomach fat you did put on... there's no such thing as an exercise which reduces stomach fat. Any youtube or instagram video claiming such a thing is outright lying to you. Only a calorie deficit reduces fat, and does so all over your body. You can't choose where the fat comes off.

Also... HIIT is not some holy grail for weight loss like some sources claim. It can be more time efficient, but more physically and mentally fatiguing than something like walking, which would burn the same amount of energy if you walk enough distance.
willowbee
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Agreed with the poster above. You cannot really choose where you can lose fat. However, consistently working and exercising for abdominal muscles can eventually help them develop muscle tone. Doing so can sometimes give them the appearance of having less fat due to the increased muscle mass. It makes you look much more healthier and fit in general. If fat loss is your goal, then you would need to be in a calorie deficit diet to end up losing weight/fat. Burning calories through exercising can help achieve this calorie deficit. Along with a healthy and managed diet. Be safe as well!
Lisa Allen
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
For belly fat, you should try to run and cycle in the morning and evening.

There are lots of solutions on the internet. I recommend doing squats, swimming, climbers, sprawl, side to side medicine ball, slams, push ups and strength training.

Healthy diet also plays a major role in weight loss or gain. Eat lots of foods, vegetables, fruits and avoid fast food. Consume less amount of sugar, high carbs and fat.
Kyri
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Lisa Allen)
For belly fat, you should try to run and cycle in the morning and evening.

There are lots of solutions on the internet. I recommend doing squats, swimming, climbers, sprawl, side to side medicine ball, slams, push ups and strength training.

Healthy diet also plays a major role in weight loss or gain. Eat lots of foods, vegetables, fruits and avoid fast food. Consume less amount of sugar, high carbs and fat.
I absolutely agree that healthy diet is conducive to weight loss. Nothing you do can target belly fat though. You just have to get rid of fat all over your body, including the belly, with a calorie deficit. You can't choose where it comes off.
Pars1885
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Kyri)
I absolutely agree that healthy diet is conducive to weight loss. Nothing you do can target belly fat though. You just have to get rid of fat all over your body, including the belly, with a calorie deficit. You can't choose where it comes off.
Kyri is spot on. You can’t “spot reduce” fat.
Diet is key, as is having realistic and sensible expectations. Losing too much too quickly might seem appealing but isn’t healthy and doesn’t last for a number of reasons.
1 - When you are in a prolonged calorie deficit your metabolism slows, this is unavoidable and needs to be understood for long term weight loss.
2 - it’s difficult, trying to lose weight fast by drastically reducing calories nearly always leads to binging.

Eat in a calorie deficit conducive to losing 1lb a week. 1lb of fat is 3500 cals. 500 cals deficit a day means 1lb a week. This may seem slow, but is far more sustainable, achievable and healthier.

Pair that with a good exercise routine and you will lose weight. Just an unfortunate truth of life that you can’t do loads of “this exercise” to lose belly fat sadly.
Pars1885
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rawrspamz)
So, does anyone have any workout routines that can help the stomach get smaller? I've gained a bit of stomach the past week and I don't know any type of workout that I can do daily to get rid of it?
Any tips.?
If it’s more a “bloated stomach” rather than you’ve “gained a bit of a stomach the past week” there’s an easy fix for that to make your stomach flatter.

Have a couple of days of eating low carbs and drink plenty water. Carbs retain water which is normal, but can lead to a bloated feeling especially in the stomach and a bit puffy elsewhere. This happens more when you don’t have enough water and your body holds onto more of it as it needs it. Drink more water, lower carbs for a couple of days and it should help for a short term “quick fix”. It is just that though, as soon as you up the carbs again your body will store more of that water again, so longer term if you want to lose weight focus on learning good dietary habits as a priority. The “saying abs are made in the kitchen” and “you can’t outrun a bad diet” are completely true. Get your diet in check first and follow an exercise routine and you’ll be fine
jaesix
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rawrspamz)
Any tips.?
i've started doing the exercises from Shirlyn Kim on youtube. comments claim that they've seen some changes from a week's worth of the workouts, though i can't say that i've seen any differences yet since i just started doing them three days ago to put some extra exercise after sitting and lying down for hours lol - but i guess i have been able to work out for a slightly longer time than the previous sessions.
Last edited by jaesix; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
22.73%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (1)
4.55%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (3)
13.64%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (2)
9.09%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
27.27%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
22.73%

Watched Threads